Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
I have been noticing that there are pieces of black plastic floating around the water front. I just removed a black plastic bag from being wrapped around the pier. Whoever has started to use these giant black plastic bags, please dispose of them properly. This is a new garbage stream, at least in greater amounts. The other day I pulled quite a bit of black plastic out of the water as well. It looks fairly gross.

S
S
Could be coming in from sea...much of the debris on the beaches has been traced to other places. We are on a lee shore...

I have always suspected Mexico was dumping their garbage at sea as I rake the beach of plastic garbage but I have noticed as of late that a lot of it is definitely local.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
A survey some years ago revealed the source of much beach trash to be Honduras...sent here by currents and wind.

And of course we have been experiencing a lot of wind directional changes lately. I have watched drift wood float onto the shore, then get picked up and pushed out again for days on end.

S
S
You've got too much time on your hands Amanda

nope, babysitting somebody's puppy. not getting much sleep. just watching the tide roll away!

P
OP Offline
P
I spend a lot of time on the water and there is quite a bit more black, fresh, plastic around. And there are large bags that look like they are for construction debris. Someone has started using these bags and is not keeping tracking of them

S
S
What areas are you seeing most of them? If you could track them back to the source then something could be done to stop this problem.

I spend a lot of my free time picking up garbage, broken glass, nails and sh*t . . .I can't wait until the school kids get better educated about all the crap that they should be picking up instead of strewing around.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.