Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#258187 - 11/30/07 03:59 PM Gifts and acknowledgements
Craigswench Offline
I don’t exactly know how to title this, or how to start out… but please allow my ramblings.
We live in a pretty cynical world, with a lot of “it’s all about me”. And there’s nothing wrong with that if that’s your choosing, but I know that some people are so far away from that it’s not funny.
Many people on this message board that I know personally have been very generous with their time, their money, their hearts when it comes to Belize, specifically San Pedro. It’s a place and people you can fall in love with. Sometimes these “gifts” are magnificent, sometimes small, sometimes given out of duty, sometimes out of sheer generosity. Whatever the “gift”, whatever the acknowledgment, I hope that everyone knows that these “gifts” can make huge differences.
Marty, you get kudos for your endless excellence on ambergriscaye.com. I know that there are several of us who have been your fans for years now. Not only is this a great service to the country, and specifically the island, it’s so much more. This board is a lifeline to the island for those of us who aren’t there. But even more importantly, lifelong friendships have been found here. I can’t imagine what the last 6 years would have been for me without this board, and the friends I have made. Yes, it’s been said before, but THANK YOU SO MUCH.

There is one more acknowledgement I want to make…. Capt Jeff, your kindness brought such joy. (You know what I’m referring to.) You do so much for so many, and it might go unnoticed at times, but you have a heart of gold.

OK, ramblings over.

#258260 - 11/30/07 07:52 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: Craigswench]
divingcowgirl Offline
I'll say a hearty AMEN to that Craigswench! The friendships that I have developed through this site have been "life changing" to say the least.

A year and a half ago I stumbled upon this site. Somewhat timid at first (yeah I know a FEW of you would find that hard to believe!) I slowly got the hang of the message board and the postings. The frienships that ensued have astounded me. I am truly grateful for each and everyone!

Hats off to you Marty for all your hard work. And thanks again for this site!

#258261 - 11/30/07 08:01 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: divingcowgirl]
sweetjane Offline
CW, my very dear friend. what would i have done for those 6 years if i hadn't met you and had your love and support?

Marty, i've been saying it for years...thank you so much.

#258317 - 12/01/07 01:55 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: sweetjane]
Amanda Syme Offline
What a lovely post. Yes, we do have a lot to be grateful for, Marty of course for hosting this site, and all of the message boarders that light up our lives, care about our island community and bring gifts and make financial donations to the many, many causes and plights of the islanders.

This would be a good time to begin a new request... but on another thread.

Thanks craigswench for reminding us to acknowledge the goodness and help that we receive from others.

#258322 - 12/01/07 03:14 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: Amanda Syme]
Marty Online   happy
remember now, all i do is host, all you wonderful boarders give this life.

#258325 - 12/01/07 03:26 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: Marty]
Ernie B Offline
Marty, you are too modest.

#258328 - 12/01/07 03:55 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: Ernie B]
NYgal Offline
smile

#258329 - 12/01/07 04:04 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: Ernie B]
captjeff Offline
Craigs wench ..no thank you necessary !!! Glad I could help..It makes me feel good ,so a win, win for all....

#258330 - 12/01/07 04:05 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: NYgal]
Leah-Ann Offline
Every great party starts with a great host! And everyone knows it's nice to have a mess to clean after a party because it means you have been surrounded by friends. Thanks for hosting us, Marty, and, on occassion, for cleaning up our messes! smile

~LA

#258432 - 12/02/07 07:56 PM Re: Gifts and acknowledgements [Re: Leah-Ann]
tacogirl Offline
Well said craigswench and all - I agree

I was lucky to find and join the board after we moved here so we could make friends - that turned out to be a big success

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, 3 invisible), 48 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,074 Topics
462,343 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.