Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258396 12/02/07 10:04 AM
I
inkblot Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Anyone got a bike they'd care to sell me?

Must have two wheels going round and round, tyres (not flat), handlebars, saddle (that doesn't stab me in the groin), back pedal brakes and no gears! A basket would be nice, but not essential.

PM me if ya got anything for sale - ta!

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." - Douglas Adams
Did you stop by Joes? He usually has great bikes for a great price and if not, will get what you are looking for in.

I
inkblot Offline OP
OP Offline
I
i did stop by joe's and he was rather unhelpful, to be honest.
he said he'd sold off his old bikes the week before, and then just kinda left me hanging...
he said he wasn't selling, didn't care to keep an eye out for one for me, and he only wanted to rent out.

i think i'll just have to pony up the $250 BZ for a new one at this rate.

I
inkblot Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I retract my last statement totally - I was strolling past Joe's a bit earlier, heading to the hardware store across the street from Super Buy market to buy one of the bikes I saw there yesterday. And I thought I'd give it one last shot and popped in.

Joe was obviously in a better mood today, maybe he got laid last night or something! I explained I wanted to buy a bike and he picked up the phone straight away and called his wife who was in Belize City buying two bikes for a couple of other people. And, long story short, I'm getting a bike for $210 BZ in a hour or so. Jet black, with basket and fenders, AND bell (the accessories bumped the price up, but totally worth it).

Joe is cool - you just gotta catch him in a good mood...!

glad to hear this, he has always been very happy and kind when I talk with him so perhaps the first time you went something happened that day. He's great. Glad you stopped in to see him.

Since you bought a new bike, make sure to always always always lock it up. Even for a few minutes, lol!

I
inkblot Offline OP
OP Offline
I
No worries, it's already engrained in my brain to always lock up. Having lived in Amsterdam for over seven years, I learnt to use two locks instead of just one. A lot of Dutch people spend more on their locks than on the bikes! But I never had a bike stolen once in all that time, unlike other people I knew there.

I always crashed my bikes instead...!

Ha! Do you know if that 3 bedroom place you were inquiring on is still available and the location? Did you find a place you like?

I
inkblot Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I think you should PM oceanjewel, as I know nothing more about it really. Didn't find a place definitely, but I've got something lined up and I'm hoping it works out. Should move in either tomorrow or Thursday...

I posted a pic of Joe and his shop in the photographic forum.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.