Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm bringing our family of 8 this year and I'm looking to save a few bucks where ever I can.

A year or so ago, I recall pedro1 posting that he could book tickets on Tropic and Maya Island at a discount but he didn't answer my email when I inquired about it a few weeks ago.

Since it's the last piece of a very complicated puzzle, I'm getting antsy to book our flights. Anyone know where I might get a few percent off the $850 I'd have to spend if I reserved the tickets myself?

...and yes, I know I'm insane. smile

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
With that kind of group, why don't you taxi to the municipal and fly from there? That will save you a few bucks.

Also, don't Tropic and Maya have discounts for paying cash for your tickets?

Have you contacted them to see what kind of deal they can give you?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Seashell is on the money,great idea. a taxi from the airport is around $25 us one way ,so two taxi's say$50 us cash to muni,airport.the air fare is a lot less from the municpal airport.On tropic it is $50 us less round trip from muni then international....Maya may be even less for cash???? so do the math.so you save around $400 us for 8 pax less taxi 's of $50 you are $350 each way better.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
If it was just us coming in from our Toronto nonstop, I'd definitely do the municipal thing but half of our group (the half that includes two little girls) is coming from Vancouver via Seattle and Miami. They will have been in transit for over 18 hours by the time they get to BZE, poor buggers. It would be really nice to be able to put them on a plane at international rather than have them haul their tired bods to muni.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Keep in mind that Municipal works on first come, first serve basis, you might get stuck as the last planes for the day are usually full. On International they'll take all the passengers that come from International flights to the Cayes (even if they have to run extra planes).

Also you will be dragging your luggage to and from the taxi, in and out the terminals, a long and hot bumpy taxi ride not through the prettiest parts of the city and when you're lucky you get stuck in a traffic jam. All of this after a full day of traveling... Even Belizeans fly direct, unless you have got something to do in the City.

Live and let live
Again a great point..Short has his ship together...

Living The Dream Every Day!
You can reserve flights from the municipal just as you can from the Int'l.

Barb, I really don't want to argue right now - I am not in the mood - I am assuming you know what I mean.

Live and let live
E
E
Short, I have to agree with Barb. I have made many flts from Muni with a reservation, even the last one of the day.

C
C
Maya does cash discounts during slower season, they usually offer 25% off but that ended Nov 30, I have never heard of Tropic doing this, so you may want to contact Maya,you never know until you ask. They will let you make reservations from any airport and give the discount, when they are giving discounts.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.