Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Marty,

I realize that you are tremendously busy and will need a well deserved sleep. But, I wanted to make sure that you received my donation. (If there is any way to check) I saw earlier that you were having trouble with the server. I'm at work so I'm monitoring as best I can. Get back to me when you can, no rush.

Thanks so much to you and everyone that is pitching in - In any way they can! Everyone should feel proud of themselves, even in these early stages.

Regards,
Claire

=============
do you live on Camarillo?

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-05-2000).]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
-

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
-

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Marty,

If it were not for Keith, we would be vacationing in San Pedro next week, we were scheduled to leave for BZE and San Pedro on Saturday, October 7th. We have
cancelled our visit due to the storm; but will return soon, after the island has been repaired and we can again enjoy the hospitality of the people of San Pedro.

Instead, we have just sent our contibution to the San Pedro Relief Fund. It is our hope that this contribution will help the people of San Pedro and Caulker Caye during their
time of need. This natural disaster makes one realize how vulnerable we all are. We hope that all persons who are not currently accounted for are quickly found, safe and sound.

Speaking of missing persons, several times you posted that Sandshaker was ok, but no else has heard from her and it seems that many are worried about her. Have you heard directly from her? While I haven't met her yet, she seems to be a great person.

We have been watching the development of this crisis on the board, which you have been operating and monitoring virtually non-stop during the storm from Saturday through Tuesday (and probably longer). Many of us have waited and wondered what the outcome would be. Marty, you have provided as much information as was possibly available; and more importantly, you provided hope and encouragement for all the families in other locations that were waiting to hear from their loved ones in Belize. You are a true friend of San Pedro and Ambergris Caye. In recognition of your contributions, I have suggested to the Town of San Pedro that that the honor you in some way for your tireless devotion. Hopefully, others will also suggest this and you will be recognized by the town board.

Personally, <FONT FACE="Times Roman" color="blue" size="4">MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU!!
!</FONT>

I would also encourage anyone reading this message to make a contribution to the reconstruction effort.

Best of Luck to those of you in San Pedro and Caulker Caye.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
-

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
-

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
As we continue to do what we can to help those in San Pedro and CC, we must
not forget that there are people in Belize City and surrounding areas that
are also in need of assistance! Many lost their homes there! Many are still
without electricity, including Burrell Boom! They were told that they will
not be getting electricity until sometime next week!
So these places may not be top revenue earners for the Belizean Economy,
but there are families there with children too, who are without homes, or
clothing, or even food!
Just a reminder to those sending assistance....!

Thanks
Niall L. Gillett

J
J

P
P

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.