Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259117 - 12/09/07 12:59 AM Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee
Scorpio Offline
While staying at Ruby's on the beach near Aqua Dive, My very beautiful wife and I were awaken by someone saying my name through our window (on the 3rd floor) at 4:15 am. The man was mispronouncing my name and was becoming very angry that I did not respond. We had been diving the day prior Nov. 8th 2007 at Aqua dive off the beach near BC's bar. After 20 minutes, the keeper came up and told the guy to leave. He was supposed to be off shift @4:00 am, lucky for us, he must have stayed around a little longer and heard the guy. (Obviously the guy knew the keepers schedule) When Ruby's was approached by us, obviously concerned due to the anger and visciousness this guy was yelling in the window, the keeper said he had to run off someone from the dive shop but did not know him by name. This guy was absolutely up to no good and will cause someone harm at some point. The police were contacted (with no results) and Aqua Dive management was contacted to inform of the situation with one of their employees. No return call was received from the manager as he promised. So, obviously this guy is still out either waiting to victimize another, or continuing to. He obviously believes he can get away with this type of action, because nothing happened to address the issue. Ever thought what a person would be doing yelling your name in your window very angrily, in a place where you know no one, at 4:15 am? The troubling thing is, the guy is known and nothing happened. What if i had opened the door to this guy? He was definitely out to do harm? What do we do from here? We love the island but this has jaded us. I would love some input from anyone with insight.

#259122 - 12/09/07 02:54 AM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Scorpio]
Marty Offline
big time freaky. guy must have been wasted. you sure he worked for aqua dives?

#259136 - 12/09/07 11:05 AM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Marty]
Big Mike Offline
Very strange! You did the right thing by not opening your door or responding. Only thing I can think of is staying at a hotel/resort with a proper security officer. Most of the budget places do not. Glad it turned out ok.

#259141 - 12/09/07 03:13 PM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Big Mike]
pedro2
Is it relevant who this person worked for?

#259143 - 12/09/07 03:17 PM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: ]
shuffles Offline
It is relevant if that's the reason the guy knew their names, where they stayed, and their room number. Vouchers given to dive shops and tour companies usually have this information on them, so for that reason, it is relevant.

#259187 - 12/09/07 09:18 PM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: shuffles]
Amanda Syme Offline
Ruby's does have a security guard ("the keeper".) And of course it matters where the guy works because it will help eventually figure out who he is. Sounds quite strange and probably a little more to the story than we have been told. The police can't really do much when you don't know who the guy is, you think you might know where he works, and he didn't actually do anything except call your name at 4am. If that is all it takes to get people off the street 25% of the party crowd in San Pedro would be locked up every saturday night!

#259191 - 12/09/07 10:51 PM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: Amanda Syme]
seashell Offline
Why on earth would my post have been deleted? All I said was that "victimized" seemed too strong a word and "seriously annoyed" more in keeping with what actually happened.

And then, in keeping with what Amanda said about there probably being more to the story, I asked if they'd had any earlier social interaction with the person yelling outside their window.

#259195 - 12/09/07 11:28 PM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: seashell]
pedro2
I wonder whether Scorpio has approached AquaDives to help resolve the issue?

#259200 - 12/09/07 11:52 PM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: ]
seashell Offline
Taken from the original post "The police were contacted (with no results) and Aqua Dive management was contacted to inform of the situation with one of their employees. No return call was received from the manager as he promised."

#259207 - 12/10/07 02:18 AM Re: Victimized at Ruby's by Aqua Dive Employee [Re: seashell]
pedro2
Hadn't spotted that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,353 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.