Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I think mostly the people swimming off the end of Ramon's dock are locals and others, and not Ramon's guests. I can understand they might be reluctant to spend a great deal of money on the facilities.

p2, that is what I suggested (but just a guess). I've only seen the locals and non-guests enjoying the dock and snorkeling. They always look like they're having a blast out there... frown

OP Offline
Couldn't they just put in some stairs???

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
darn! We had a great time snorkling/swimming off the dock. We even got busted for jumping off the end. Someone actually walked ALL THE WAY out to the end to tell us not to jump off- in our defense- we were being safe and going feet first! LOL. Anyway- it was a sweet dock. Yes, a set of stairs would be VERY nice- maybe some locals would be willing to get together to build the stairs since locals were mostly who we saw when we were playing there in April.

do I have to get shots to go there? 8o)
OP Offline
I didn't jump off the high side. I jumped off the dock before you go up the stairs to the palapa area. Even then I was concerned since I didn't know for sure how deep it was.

Anyway, like I said, I wish they'd put in some stairs but I'll do it again anyway.

Bobber, weren't you concerned about the boat traffic between Paradise pier and Wet Willies?

There wasn't much traffic, and you can hear them coming or going from a mile away in the water. We just made a quick check of traffic and flippered over. Another quick check before flippering back. I suppose the time of day and the dive boat schedules is a factor.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
OP Offline
Thanks.

Another good snorkeling pier is at Amigo's Del Mar...it is roped off and has a nice variety of fish under the pier. PS. and Yes, it has stairs!! PSS. Dacor snorkeling fins are on sale at Shark's, near Wet Willies. Good fins for $78BZ.

Gone fishing!!
OP Offline
I dive with Amigos and also, since it is right by my hotel . .well, it just makes too much sense, doesn't it? smile

If you snorkel off any pier (particularly in town) be careful not to stray out of a roped area, and be aware that after 3 pm the glare on the water is such that boat captains cannot see what is under the water. Boat bows can be high, snorkelers fins may look like dolphins -- when a boat approaches a pier the captain is generally paying attention to the exercise of docking, not looking out for swimmers. People have been killed snorkeling near piers where there is boat traffic. I got to see one man get hit by a boat in just this way - he lived, but it was pure luck that he did.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.