Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#25935 - 09/11/00 01:04 PM Ski/spa resort
Laguna Punta Offline
Does anyone know bout dat Ski/Spa resort up in the remote area of the Maya Mountain Alps. I understand its very exclusive. I understand some big shot Hollywood Producer owns it, for his jet setting friends.
Gone fishing!!

#25936 - 09/11/00 01:56 PM Re: Ski/spa resort
TickTock Offline
We stayed at Blancaneaux Lodge...way up on top of Mountain Pine Ridge...its owned Francis Ford Coppala...in fact while we were there last week, so was he. We partied with his pilot. Its a very beautiful place, and pretty exclusive. We made reservations way in advance. Its well worth the drive and it's totally hidden in the rainforest. We stayed there for 2 days, kind of borke our vacation between the beach and the jungle.

#25937 - 09/11/00 04:15 PM Re: Ski/spa resort
Marty Offline
Why don'tcha buy it Bill, then we can party there!!!

#25938 - 09/11/00 04:47 PM Re: Ski/spa resort
TickTock Offline
Ha! I'll tell you what...judging just from all the Mahagony that was used through out the lodge, that alone must have cost a fortune...it was beautiful. Our villa sat right at the edge of a waterfall and we listened to the water all night, talk about relaxing...whew!

#25939 - 09/11/00 07:40 PM Re: Ski/spa resort
Sandshaker Offline
Sounds like Heaven TickTock....I'm gonna have to splurge and stay there one night...*sigh*

#25940 - 09/11/00 10:52 PM Re: Ski/spa resort
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
At the risk of being cut by Bill Thornton's razor wit ... there is no spa owned by a Hollywood producer in Cayo.

Blancaneaux is owned by a Hollywood director (Copolla directed the famed Godfather movies and the truest movie ever filmed about Vietnam, "Apocolypse Now," but Blancaneaux is NOT a spa. There are two and one-half spas in Cayo -- Chaa Creek, Royal Mayan and Rosita Arvigo's little place, but none of these is run by anyone connected with Hollywood.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#25941 - 09/11/00 11:10 PM Re: Ski/spa resort
Laguna Punta Offline
I went there ta have a pizza on the way to Caracol. They questioned me for about 5 minutes before they took my order. I was the ONLY one there. That place is NOT riff-raff friendly.
Gone fishing!!

#25942 - 09/11/00 11:30 PM Re: Ski/spa resort
Chloe Offline
Bill my question is, did you have your skis with you?
Dare To Deviate

#25943 - 09/12/00 01:38 AM Re: Ski/spa resort
orionhunter Offline
The only relible[sp] person I've seen on this board is Lan. All the rest of you seem to be full of something. I'll leave it to your limited imaginations as to what you're full of... if you are bored with this board, try going to the Abaco Message Board.
There are plenty of people of your ilk there; so much so that they had to shut it down for a while. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Arn't people great???

#25944 - 09/12/00 02:53 AM Re: Ski/spa resort
Sandshaker Offline
I don't think I like the tone this thread is taking. We ALL happen to love this board and get numerous comments on how much people have enjoyed the posts and the info they get.
We just happen to enjoy talking about Ambergris Caye and having a little fun in the process. Anything wrong with that?

Marty....are you ok with it....I mean, being the owner....we will go by your rules of course. Let us know if we need to tone it down a bit.

I post here because I feel at home here!
Left all the bickering at Belize.net and haven't looked back yet!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.