Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#25959 - 09/11/00 07:37 PM Mango Coladas
lmarquis Offline
Someone told me there is a great place (bar) to go which is upstairs, near the Yacht Club and has a panoramic view of the island, not to mention great mango coladas. Does anyone know the name of it?

#25960 - 09/11/00 08:51 PM Re: Mango Coladas
CHOOCHOO Offline
It's about 25 feet south of the Yacht Club entrance in the Island Convention center. It's upstairs, has a sign out front about drink specials, but that's as far as we have ever gotten.

#25961 - 09/12/00 02:20 AM Re: Mango Coladas
SP Daily Offline
The bar you're thinking of is at the top of a 3 story flight of stairs. Right across the street is a ground-level bar at the Hideaway.I've never been up the stairs...

#25962 - 09/12/00 01:36 PM Re: Mango Coladas
Sandcrab Offline
What? No elevator! Jeez, I wouldn't want to be negotiating three flights of stairs after an extended R&R session. No wonder you haven't been up there yet Jesse.

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 09-12-2000).]

#25963 - 09/12/00 03:52 PM Re: Mango Coladas
CHOOCHOO Offline
I don't know about Jesse, but the only way I'll go UP those three flights of stairs and have drink is if they put six mattresses at the bottom. Thank you no, I'll confine myself to the "view" from the Hideaway. Imarquis, if you happen to venture up would you please take some pictures.

#25964 - 09/12/00 04:11 PM Re: Mango Coladas
lmarquis Offline
Yes, I will definitely take pictures, and I do plan on at least checking it out (and, of course, trying one of their mango coladas!).

Laurie

#25965 - 09/12/00 06:40 PM Re: Mango Coladas
Chloe Offline
Waiting for Imarquis' pictures.
I suggest you make it your first bar stop of the day/night. The drink does sound yummy, and the view should be fantastic. Enjoy.

#25966 - 09/12/00 08:28 PM Re: Mango Coladas
SP Daily Offline
Imarquis: Holler when you start back down the stairs, the Hideaway Crew will catch you. Those coladas are sometimes called "colliders"!

#25967 - 09/12/00 09:24 PM Re: Mango Coladas
CHOOCHOO Offline
You know Jesse, we could string up one of those rope/pulley things from the top floor of the convention building to the doorway or pool at the Hideaway.. Put a rescue sling on it and THERE YOU GO! Oh yeah, and one of those little rubber "oogah" horns (left over from the original attempt at equiping the golf carts) so that as you streaked across Coconut Drive towards the cozy confines of the Hideaway you could warn the pickups, taxis, stray dogs (Oops, didn't mean that), and bicycles.

The view would pretty damn good for the first second or so too. The last few feet could be a problem.

#25968 - 09/12/00 09:54 PM Re: Mango Coladas
lmarquis Offline
After I have been listening to you guys for months, in great anticipation of my first trip, I hope I don't shake a leg (whoops, break a leg!).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.