Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#259891 12/15/07 09:27 AM
Rykat Offline OP
OP Offline
Forget homo-, bi- or even metro-: the latest prefix in sexuality is vegan-, as in "vegansexual." In a study released in May, Annie Potts, a researcher at the University of Canterbury and a director of the New Zealand Centre for Human-Animal Studies, surveyed 157 vegans and vegetarians (120 of them women) on the topic of cruelty-free living. The questions ranged from attitudes about eating meat to keeping pets to wearing possum fur to, yes, "cruelty-free sex" -- that is, "rejecting meat eaters as intimate partners."

Some of the survey respondents volunteered their reluctance to kiss meat eaters. "I couldn't think of kissing lips that allow dead animal pieces to pass between them," a 49-year-old vegan woman from Auckland said. For some, the resistance is the squeamishness factor.

"Nonvegetarian bodies smell different to me," a 41-year-old Christchurch vegan woman said. "They are, after all, literally sustained through carcasses -- the murdered flesh of others."

For some, it is a question of finding a like-minded life partner. An Auckland ovo-vegetarian had tried a relationship with a carnivore, but reported that despite the sexual attraction, the gulf in "shared values and moral codes" was just too wide.

Potts, who coined the term vegansexuality, says the "negative response of omnivores" to her study has surprised her. Even some fellow animal lovers question the wisdom of vegansexuality. A blog for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals noted that sleeping with only fellow vegans means forgoing the opportunity to turn carnivores into vegans by the most powerful recruiting tool available -- sex.

PETA's founder and president, Ingrid Newkirk, agrees that vegans smell fresher. ("There's science to prove it," she says.) But Newkirk is all about the recruiting, even if it means one convert at a time. "When my staff members come to me and say: 'Guess what? My boyfriend, now he's a vegan,' I say, half-jokingly: 'Well, it is time to ditch him and get another. You've done your work; move on.' ""

------------------------===============-----------------------------

To which my only reply is, "Lady, I don't care how good that thing tastes, I'm still eating meat.".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fri Dec 14 '07

S
S
For a second there I thought they had sex with vegetables.

Simon, I'm pretty sure we have some mutual acquaintances who most likely have! wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
O M G !!!

I have friends that are vegans and never have BO (don't need/use deodorant), or bad breath. Furthermore, their cats are vegans too and the cat's litter box has virtually no odor! Go figure!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Ok, I felt the same way for a long time, especially with my bodily emissions, no stank. Then, I had an olfactory nerve test......well, you might try it too just for the baseline.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
All five senses work perfectly, Dawg, no worries there! smile

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
C
C
Well, I dunno about all that, but I've been a vegetarian (also avoid milk) for about 14 years and I hardly "stink" and frankly, I hardly sweat even when I am working out. And I live in Texas, so it is plenty hot enough to sweat!!

I think we would have sharper teeth stronger fingernails and a better apendix if we where meant to be solely meat eaters, but since we do have a couple of canine teeth and an apendix we probably are designed to do both.
Rykat , wana bet those cruel-free veg.women have hairy arm pits and legs?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Candidly, I went vegetarian (not vegan) for a while in college and recall my armpits started to smell like someone was baking cookies. I was told that body emissions were carob-sweet and orange fresh. Now I smell of grilled cow, fried pig, raw fish, elderberries and ass.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.