Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#260179 12/19/07 11:21 AM
OP Offline
Hello i arrive next friday in Cancun from France, whats the easiest way to come in caye caulker?
thanks

My brother and his family are arriving in Cancun the same day as you. We did a lot of research and here is what they decide. In Cancun they will take a shuttle bus to Playa Del Carmen and spend the night. They will catch the ADO 8:00 AM bus for Chetumal. George & Esther Moralez transfer co will meet them at the airport and take them across the boarder. They have chosen not to get onto another flight from Corozal and will catch the 3:00 Triple J boat to San Pedro.
They are very interesting people and I believe you would like travel alongside them. She was born and raised in Slovenia and they have a farm there. My brother has lived most of his adult life working all around the world. They both speak many languages.
Good luck.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

George and Esther Moralez Travel service www.gettransfers.com

Tel 510-422-2485
Fax 501-422-3511

I could not find a website for Ado bus company.

(there may be information in past posts if you do a search)

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Change your Latitude
C
C
A few pointers, if your plane arrives in Cancun after 11 pm the bus station at he airport will be closed. You will have to take a taxi to the bus station in Cancun. The buses from Cancun or Playa leave about every 90 minutes starting at around 4;30 am. very nice buses, movies etc.Their are some nice reasonable Hotels in Old Cancun near bus station $20 to $25 a nite. Its about 5 to 5 1/2 hours to Chetumal. There is really no need to pay for any service to meet you at the boarder. The buses from Chetumal to Belize leave about every hour, they stop for you to go through customs and will wait on the other side, if you get delayed another bus will be by soon. These buses are not as nice, but OK. You can then make the choice to get off at the Corozal Airport, or town to take the water taxi, be aware it only runs once a day and may not run everyday. Or you can go all the way to Belize City, this takes between 3 and 5 hours depending on all sorts of things.The last water taxi leaves the city at 4;30, 5;30 to Caye Caulker only. We have done this many times, its simple. I have never heard of anyone using a transfer service, sounds like a rip off to me, but I may be wrong, I just cant see what they would provide except taking your money. It is going to be very close if you leave Playa at 8am to catch the 3pm water taxi from Corozal, Its more like 6 hour if you have to go to Airport in Chetumal, that makes it 2 oclock already, big risk to get through customs and to your destination in less than an hour, always give yourself time for the unexpected.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
When we went to Playa del Carmen to meet my parents last year our neighbor who owned barefoot books at the time recommended to use George and Esther because he said it is easier than busing it across the border and less waiting to go through all the necessary steps.

I forget the exact cost but our driver was great he knew exactly what to do and explained the stops as we went along. Got us from the airport in Corozal to Chetumal bus station quick and easy. He also helped us get some Mexican money along the way.

Cooper when you cross the border do you usually take the bus? From you post it sounds like it and that the bus may not be as bad as I was told which is good to know for future.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
Yes we take the bus, time at the boarder is no more than 15 minutes even with a line, Its safe its easy, its all in English its like $5.00 from Chetumal to Corozal. I do know its a bit scary for first time visitors here, but this is not a scary place. On the most part people are kind, good and helpful. A lot of folks make a living on the basis first timers here are afraid of boarders, and officials, customs etc. Belize is such a great place, that if you feel more comfortable with the extra service by all means do it, we all learn things when we travel and your next trip will be easier due to what you learn on your first!!!!

Cooper
I've used George and Esther's services twice and I think they are worth every cent - and I don't remember how much it was. I talked to George Jr.'s wife Tanisha and she is the one who said that leaving from Playa Del Carman at 8:30 was plenty of time to catch the 3:00 Water Taxi in Corozal. I talked to Triple J a couple of weeks ago and they are running Saturday. No reservation necessary but I am going to call tomorrow and just give them a head's up that three are coming. It takes the same amount of time to get to San Pedro from Corozal as it takes from Belize City - so why go all the way south?
I don't thing that using a transporter is based on fear. For myself it was the personal service. Customs was a breeze using them

Harriette
Oh - The other thing is that the boat travels down the west side of Ambergris Caye - not out in the open ocean.

Harriette
C
C
Well there you go, I said I could be wrong!!! I had no information on the subject. I just found the short bus ride from Chetumal to Corozal and going through customs so easy in itself I could not see using a service. I get alot of travelers through my shop and had never heard of anyone doing this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.