<font face ="Impact" color ="990033" size ="8"> Good post Alice. </font>

Dare To Deviate
#26046 09/12/00 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
as always, my two cents:
- JE puts a bowl of dog food out back for their dog(s). i asked. for what we pay, would it kill any other resorts to follow suit?
- in town one day, i saw a young girl, maybe 4 or 5, playing with a very small cute black puppy. we watched her for a while, and of course, she was mishandling him quite a bit. i stopped and asked her what the puppy's name was (blackie), and very quietly and politely EDUCATED HER TO BE KIND TO HER DOG AND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO RESPECT ANIMALS!!

while chloe is right that we are intruders to their ways, has anyone there just stopped to talk to any of the kids there regarding your feelings? these kids are the next generation of san pedro. maybe to give them a little direction and teach of love for animals may go farther than you think. don't we do that for our own children (and pets)?

#26047 09/12/00 12:56 PM
Alot of great ideas come out of Washington DC. Of course, those within the beltway know better than those outside. I was stationed in the Washington DC area years ago and was always impressed how crappy, dirty and crime infested that City is, with so many genius' around. Couldn't they work on there own turf. No, there is more money in the problems outside the beltway. How is the stray dog situation in DC. Got that all cleaned up? How a bout that crime? I'm sure the drug problem in DC is fixed-up by now.

Gone fishing!!
#26048 09/12/00 01:17 PM
I like your idea of educating Jane.
We can sure do the education by example.
Showing a child how to pickup the puppy and stroking him, letting the child see how the puppy is responding to that loving human touch, and pointing that out to the child.

Bill you have hit the topic on it's head with your above post, keep up the good work King.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 09-12-2000).]

Dare To Deviate
#26049 09/12/00 01:29 PM
Well..I don't consider myself a "Bleeding heart liberal" and I'm certainly no fan of Bill Clinton's either. Everyone has a right to choose what they do with their free time and what causes they wish to persue. Just because I have an opinion on what should be done about the animal problem in San Pedro doesn't mean I have too much time on my hands. It takes me all of 5 or 10 minutes to post a topic here.

As I said before...the solution to the problem is to educate people about pets and the responsibilities of having a pet and then to implement a program for spaying and neutering. If donations were made for that purpose you could knock out quite a bit each month. I have offered to assist the vet. here with the surgeries as I have a medical background....and she is the only vet.
She gladly welcomed my help and help from anyone else. It can be done....if enough people make the effort to pitch in and help.
I consider it a worthy cause.....maybe others don't....but I prefer to at least try and make a difference.
The sight of these animals really does have an impact on visitors here and in turn on the island. so it's to our mutual benefit to at least try.

Well....I've said my peace....back to work!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.