Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#260720 - 12/26/07 06:09 PM tips and suggestions for a first time visitor?
KYdad Offline
My son is visiting San Pedro and Ambergris Caye for the first time, can you give me some tips and suggestions concerning things to do and things to avoid??? Thanks!

#260723 - 12/26/07 06:26 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: KYdad]
seaexplore Offline
things to do-
eat local food. SUPER YUMMY.
swim in the ocean as much as possible
visit the north end at least once and stop at the Lazy Croc bar
uh.... enjoy the sunrises and sunsets
live life there- it's SUPER fun!

things to avoid- only one thing- I'd say be careful if you buy pot- there are always stories of non belizeans getting in trouble with undercover cops. Don't know if they're true or not but I wouldn't want to end up in jail! Maybe someone more in the know could chime in on this?

#260725 - 12/26/07 06:28 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: seaexplore]
KYdad Offline
Thank you, I will pass this along to him and his buddies. I don't think I will have to worry about the pot, he is more a beer guy. Thanks for your help.

#260730 - 12/26/07 10:20 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: KYdad]
kris48 Offline
Then things to do--try all the various types of Belikin, the local beer.

#260731 - 12/26/07 10:32 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: kris48]
Otteralum Offline
Depending on length of stay and budget -- go inland, explore Mayan ruins and take-in local culture in the smaller towns.

#260735 - 12/26/07 11:26 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: Otteralum]
buzzbean Offline
Take a bike ride up North. We did this last month. Walked to the bike rental place in town and rented two bicycles. We were a bit adventurous so we rode on the "road" on the way up. Got as far as Captain Morgan's before we decided it didn't qualify as a road any longer and road back on the beach. It was a cloudy day but it still qualified as one of our best days there. Best of all? $5 total for two bikes for 2 or 3 hours.

#260774 - 12/27/07 05:31 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: buzzbean]
margarita Offline
Eat Breakfast at Estelle's Dine on the Sea for Sunrise View & Estelle's Egg Sandwich & coffee & sand for your feet!
Try a night snorkel/dive at Hol Chan
Fish, snorkel then shore lunch -Mexico Rocks one of my favorite spots
Rent a Golf cart for exploring at least one day
Walk the beach and stop at the variety of watering holes
Bring eyeglasses to donate to San Pedro - Town Hall
Smile
Avoid walking barefoot while drunk or at night this prevents nasty bites from coral rocks glass bottle caps decks cement etc.

Belize it!

#260788 - 12/27/07 06:54 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: margarita]
mrockl Offline
dive, dive, dive - if you can't, snorkle!

#260796 - 12/27/07 07:37 PM Re: tips and suggestions for a first time visitor? [Re: mrockl]
Kra-Z-K Offline
Is your son between the ages of 28-26? Is your son single? Is your son coming with his buddys or girl?

LOL!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (wiley, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.