Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
We've always used a transfer service for making this crossing as well. Mostly because I could never figure a couple of things. One, is where you catch the bus to Belize once you arrive in Chetumal. A couple years ago people on the travel boards were saying that it left from the 'new market', not the bus station in Chetumal. I have no idea if that was true, or if it's true now.

My second concern was it was/is impossible to find a Belize bus schedule on the internet. Last thing I wanted to do was sit in Chetumal for several hours waiting for a bus.

The other part of it is I'm pretty much an 'over planner'. Plane tickets and hotel reservations in hand most of the time. Hoping more time in Belize will 'fix' that problem....

One of our friends got stuck a couple of hours waiting for everyone on the bus to go through the customs line up (I think was from Guatemala to Belize though) That is what got us to use transfer service as I do not like line ups ha ha.

Glad to know it does not take so long for Mexico Cooper.

How far is it that you have to go from Corozal airport to catch the bus to Chetumal?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
About 1/4 mile, but you would have to wait on the road, their is a little rest stop for shade. Hey, I am sure at times folks get stuck anywhere!!! Back to transfer service now that I have a need to know, Can you only catch it at the Airport in Chetumal or at the bus station also. I looked at the website and no prices, I emailed them for info but no answer back The only thing I did not like about the bus was carrying you stuff, most people dont have much so its not so bad.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Hi Cooper

We pre arranged with transfer service to pick us up right at the Corozal airport and they took us straight to Ado bus station in Chetumal after getting us past and explaining stopping points.

On our return trip we called them from Mexico and they met us in Chetumal and brought is back to the airport in time to catch the last flight to San Pedro.

I forget what the cost was if I can remember I will let you know.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

J
J
The transfer service we used would have picked us up anywhere from the Cancun airport to Chetumal. Of course, the price from the airport would have been several hundred dollars. They also said they would pick us up any time of the day or night. I know it costs more, but it sure is nice not to have to keep transfering bags from vehicle to vehicle.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I've used a a taxi transfer service between Chetumal bus station and Corozal airstrip ever since I emerged from the customs hall to find my bus had gone. Everyone else on the bus was a local and zipped through formalities, and the bus simply didn't bother to wait. A taxi then cost me more than a pre-arranged transfer would have done.

#260738 12/26/07 07:33 PM
R
R
I have used the Menzies... in Corozal for ever... they are also called Belize VIP transfer services and if enough of you will go all the way to Cancun for you.... and all the way to Belize City if wanted.contact them at [email protected] cheers Maralyn

C
C
After 4 emails to ask about prices and if they pick up at Chetumal bus station still no reply from Menzies

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Try George Moralez. My husband and I have used their service many times and have always been pleased with every aspect. Wonderful people. Their email address is: [email protected]

C
C
I've used Leslie's Van Service and its $30 U.S. to go from the Corozal airstrip to the ADO Bus station in Chetumal.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.