Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#260963 12/29/07 08:00 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I've seen mixed messages about whether this is even possible. I'd like to bring several bottles of American microbrews for an upcoming trip and I know that the duty-free limit is 1 liter. Is it even possible to bring non-CARICOM beer into belize and if so does anyone know what the duty might be?

C
C
Your Ok to bring it in if you are flying in. You cant bring it in from boarder towns like Mulcher or Chetumal, unless you are lucky. Wine is easier than beer from Boarder towns. No duty on the one liter and they can charge up to 60% on more. but they usually dont. They will charge much less if you handle yourself right. Be nice, Be respectful, being funny sometimes helps.
If you fly in to Cancun and have your ticket you can also bring it in from Chetumal. Fhey do noy want people making day trips accross the boarder and buying alcohol and bringing it back. Bowen Bros may get mad.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
J
J
No personal experience, but I recall someone having a case of Budweiser confiscated at customs. No option for paying duty, it was just taken.

JZB Offline
I thought ALL beer of any size was a strict NO NO. (Not that I ever tried)

Yes, the Bud was confiscated and Belikin Jimmy was very unhappy.

S
OP Offline
S
Nothing against Belikin, but I like to mix it up with a nice IPA or Hefeweizen every now and then. I'll go ahead and try to bring a few bottles and see what happens. Any other options? Any merchants on Ambergris Caye that import? Willing to pay highly inflated prices smile

I
I
I've packed a few bottles in my checked bag with no problem. But it was only a few as a gift for a friend. Not sure how many bottles would raise an issue.

C
C
A case of beer was probably brought in from a boarder town by land, that is not allowed. Its also over a liter, I doubt if it was put in airline luggage. We were able to bring in 6 bottles of wine, which I have done several times, but they took the one small bottle of beer, from Mulcher.

C
C
A case of beer was probably brought in from a boarder town by land, that is not allowed. Its also over a liter, I doubt if it was put in airline luggage. We were able to bring in 6 bottles of wine, which I have done several times, but they took the one small bottle of beer, from Mulcher.

3 or 4 years ago I brought a 12 pack of Shiner Bock down. I had no problems with customs at the airport. I didn't have to pay a duty either. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.