Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#260981 - 12/30/07 08:28 AM New Business In Belize
BelizeWannaB Offline
Hi All,
I'm new to this board(obviously)and I'm searching for opinions on a business I'm considering starting in Belize. I currently have a fence & deck company in Colorado and also a security alarm company. I'm considering starting one or both companies in Belize. My thoughts were to start the alarm company first specializing in residential and commercial alarm systems as well as video surveillances. I will be coming to Belize in a couple of months to do a little scouting on this venture.
Any and all comments, opinions or thoughts on this inquiry would be greatly appreciated.

#260982 - 12/30/07 08:38 AM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: BelizeWannaB]
elbert Offline
I hear a lot of weird ideas from folks wanting to move here and start a business.Some of the most bazaar are, sell sand to San Pedranios, coconut trees to people that live on an island of coconuts and shoes to a barefoot society.They have been surprisingly successfully. I've come to conclude its not the business idea as much as it is the business person. You've got a good idea, the rest will be up to you.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#260986 - 12/30/07 09:58 AM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: elbert]
JZB Offline
I think security systems is a great idea, there currently is no one on the island who is doing it and everyone is complaining about crime these days. I believe you can buy systems from Belize City though.

#261000 - 12/30/07 02:24 PM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: JZB]
pamkillen Offline
There is already someone doing security systems, Compton Fairweather. He also works with a couple of the security businesses as follow up. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to come down and really look around for a needed service, and listen to people and find out what would work. And then figure out how you would want to spend your own time while here.

#261119 - 12/31/07 05:13 PM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: SP Daily]
elbert Offline
customs Duty considerations are big. All the business of this type suffer if they need materials or equipment from outside the country. Good brokers are not always as helpful. avoiding dependence materials from outside Belize is best, and i guess thats the point of the duty.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#261121 - 12/31/07 05:42 PM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: elbert]
BelizeWannaB Offline
I was sending you a PM while you were replying to post lol.
I sure have a lot of research to do because you are talking way over my head with your last post. I guess it's not as easy as calling up your vendor and having an order shipped to ya. Thanks for the info though and thats just another thing I'll have to consider and work out. (lol maybe a donut shop would be easier)

Thanks again

#261123 - 12/31/07 06:11 PM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: BelizeWannaB]
tigerwoo Offline
Start a chicken ranch or an egg farm!!

#261124 - 12/31/07 06:15 PM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: tigerwoo]
BelizeWannaB Offline
rofl---the thought crossed my mind this morning when I was reading all the post of people who couldn't find any eggs

#261127 - 12/31/07 07:19 PM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: BelizeWannaB]
pamkillen Offline
Anyone who needs a security system should call Compton Fairweather. He is competent, attentive , and professional. He is out of Belize City but comes over to the island as needed. I have 2 different systems that he installed and am very happy.

#261128 - 12/31/07 08:05 PM Re: New Business In Belize [Re: pamkillen]
BelizeWannaB Offline
lol it seems someone is trying to steal my business before I even get started-----too funny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.