Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#260981 12/30/07 08:28 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi All,
I'm new to this board(obviously)and I'm searching for opinions on a business I'm considering starting in Belize. I currently have a fence & deck company in Colorado and also a security alarm company. I'm considering starting one or both companies in Belize. My thoughts were to start the alarm company first specializing in residential and commercial alarm systems as well as video surveillances. I will be coming to Belize in a couple of months to do a little scouting on this venture.
Any and all comments, opinions or thoughts on this inquiry would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BelizeWannaB

I hear a lot of weird ideas from folks wanting to move here and start a business.Some of the most bazaar are, sell sand to San Pedranios, coconut trees to people that live on an island of coconuts and shoes to a barefoot society.They have been surprisingly successfully. I've come to conclude its not the business idea as much as it is the business person. You've got a good idea, the rest will be up to you.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
JZB Offline
I think security systems is a great idea, there currently is no one on the island who is doing it and everyone is complaining about crime these days. I believe you can buy systems from Belize City though.

P
P
There is already someone doing security systems, Compton Fairweather. He also works with a couple of the security businesses as follow up. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to come down and really look around for a needed service, and listen to people and find out what would work. And then figure out how you would want to spend your own time while here.

customs Duty considerations are big. All the business of this type suffer if they need materials or equipment from outside the country. Good brokers are not always as helpful. avoiding dependence materials from outside Belize is best, and i guess thats the point of the duty.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
OP Offline
B
Elbert,
I was sending you a PM while you were replying to post lol.
I sure have a lot of research to do because you are talking way over my head with your last post. I guess it's not as easy as calling up your vendor and having an order shipped to ya. Thanks for the info though and thats just another thing I'll have to consider and work out. (lol maybe a donut shop would be easier)

Thanks again

T
T
Start a chicken ranch or an egg farm!!

B
OP Offline
B
rofl---the thought crossed my mind this morning when I was reading all the post of people who couldn't find any eggs

P
P
Anyone who needs a security system should call Compton Fairweather. He is competent, attentive , and professional. He is out of Belize City but comes over to the island as needed. I have 2 different systems that he installed and am very happy.

B
OP Offline
B
lol it seems someone is trying to steal my business before I even get started-----too funny

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.