Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#261027 - 12/30/07 11:00 PM Belize Legacy Resort
hphjan Offline
Hubby and I are booked for the last two weeks in January. Looking for any comments regarding the resort. We are interested in taking one or two tours on the mainland and appreciate any suggestions as to tours and tour companies to use from AC. The resort offers tours...should we use their services or go into town? Should we rent a golf cart...and from whom? I read the post from the couple with the fender bender and am a bit worried. I have a lot more questions,but hope to hear from someone first. I posted on Belize Forum and was referred to this forum. Any suggestions/comments are VERY appreciated!
Jan cool

#261029 - 12/30/07 11:07 PM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: hphjan]
boatgirl729 Offline
We were thinking of going there in March, but from what I heard it might be a bit off the beaten path and we were looking for more nightlife and activites. Still haven't made a decision.

#261031 - 12/30/07 11:23 PM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: boatgirl729]
hphjan Offline

We wanted something off the beaten path to get some much needed R&R. However, we will be there for two weeks, and when we feel up to it, a few tours and some crazy nights will be ok. What nights of the week has the most entertainment in town...and where? We want to take some tours when the cruise ships are NOT in the area...what days would that be?

#261039 - 12/31/07 12:31 AM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: hphjan]
reaper Offline
The Legacy is pretty far north. It is a nice, brand new resort, with all you will need. Island Ferry will take you up and back to town, you can buy a weekly pass.
The best mainland tours are with Daniel Nunez at Tanisha Tours.
A golf cart will be fun to explore up and down the island. Don't fret it.
Have a great time!

#261048 - 12/31/07 08:30 AM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: reaper]
Coco Loco Lady Offline
We always stay @Costa Maya Reef, which is just south of Legacy ~ we find it very easy to get back & forth to town w/the Island Ferry pass, that Reaper mentioned. You wouldn't want to go back & forth from the resort to town on a golf cart, takes about an hour and a half (thats if you can get thru). But it is fun to rent a cart for a day or two in town and run around to see what you can see ~ most of the golf cart companies are good, we've never had a problem w/any of them.

#261177 - 01/01/08 09:23 PM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: reaper]
hphjan Offline
THANKS reaper & Coco Loco Lady! The weekly pass is a great tip and we will be sure to take a day or two with a golf cart. We'll have to check out the tour guide you recommend.
Appreciate your help!

#261191 - 01/01/08 10:41 PM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: hphjan]
1BKeeper Offline
Ditto, reaper.
We went to see the ruins at Lamanai on the mainland with Daniel Nunez. He was so good that we will try to always get him. Check out the Tanisha Tours website. Our tour was just like the one in pictures!

#261196 - 01/02/08 12:07 AM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: 1BKeeper]
Marty Offline
I love Legacy. gorgeous, great place, great folks. we stayed there ten days and loved it. went to town like twice, once for diapers and rum. had the whole family, like 7 people. katie valk came and stayed with us for a bit also at that time.

#261269 - 01/02/08 05:32 PM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: Marty]
islabonita Offline
I am booked for the BLR and I read on their website that they have free transportation twice a day into town.

#332253 - 04/09/09 11:50 AM Re: Belize Legacy Resort [Re: islabonita]
travelqueen Offline
A bunch of girls are planning on staying here next month... any other thoughts on this place? How long does it take by boat to get to town? Thx.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,742 Topics
461,319 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.