Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#261027 12/30/07 11:00 PM
hphjan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hubby and I are booked for the last two weeks in January. Looking for any comments regarding the resort. We are interested in taking one or two tours on the mainland and appreciate any suggestions as to tours and tour companies to use from AC. The resort offers tours...should we use their services or go into town? Should we rent a golf cart...and from whom? I read the post from the couple with the fender bender and am a bit worried. I have a lot more questions,but hope to hear from someone first. I posted on Belize Forum and was referred to this forum. Any suggestions/comments are VERY appreciated!
Thanks!
Jan cool

B
B
We were thinking of going there in March, but from what I heard it might be a bit off the beaten path and we were looking for more nightlife and activites. Still haven't made a decision.

hphjan Offline OP
OP Offline

We wanted something off the beaten path to get some much needed R&R. However, we will be there for two weeks, and when we feel up to it, a few tours and some crazy nights will be ok. What nights of the week has the most entertainment in town...and where? We want to take some tours when the cruise ships are NOT in the area...what days would that be?

The Legacy is pretty far north. It is a nice, brand new resort, with all you will need. Island Ferry will take you up and back to town, you can buy a weekly pass.
The best mainland tours are with Daniel Nunez at Tanisha Tours.
A golf cart will be fun to explore up and down the island. Don't fret it.
Have a great time!

hphjan~
We always stay @Costa Maya Reef, which is just south of Legacy ~ we find it very easy to get back & forth to town w/the Island Ferry pass, that Reaper mentioned. You wouldn't want to go back & forth from the resort to town on a golf cart, takes about an hour and a half (thats if you can get thru). But it is fun to rent a cart for a day or two in town and run around to see what you can see ~ most of the golf cart companies are good, we've never had a problem w/any of them.

Coco
hphjan Offline OP
OP Offline
THANKS reaper & Coco Loco Lady! The weekly pass is a great tip and we will be sure to take a day or two with a golf cart. We'll have to check out the tour guide you recommend.
Appreciate your help!

Ditto, reaper.
We went to see the ruins at Lamanai on the mainland with Daniel Nunez. He was so good that we will try to always get him. Check out the Tanisha Tours website. Our tour was just like the one in pictures!

I love Legacy. gorgeous, great place, great folks. we stayed there ten days and loved it. went to town like twice, once for diapers and rum. had the whole family, like 7 people. katie valk came and stayed with us for a bit also at that time.

I am booked for the BLR and I read on their website that they have free transportation twice a day into town.

A bunch of girls are planning on staying here next month... any other thoughts on this place? How long does it take by boat to get to town? Thx.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.