Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
B
From their Fodors review - "San Pedro is cobbled together tin shacks on top of one-another." Man, I love this about San Pedro. Maybe they prefer the soul-less, classless look of Cancun or Nassau.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
You're right - (s)he has pulled the post. Not even sure a post can be pulled from Fodor's - I know it can't from Trip Advisor.

For interest, I was recently suffering from salmonella food poisoning. Now, I eat at food stands and the like, and although I don't regularly do it I do sometimes drink tap water. So hardly surprising i should fall ill? Well no, I actually contracted it in Dallas on the way here. Bad mayo in a Subway (not that they care - they're denying it ever happened! Beware of Subway).

Ironic that only the second food poisoning incident in my life (the first was as a kid at a very dodgy Chinese restaurant that was then closed down) should not happen here in Belize, where I've lived for 6 years and eaten at all sorts of "questionable" places, but at a major restaurant chain in a first world country.

Funny! Hubby and I spent a week in Tulum at a place that only had solar power for 1 light bulb in the room but the view was spectacular! We ate at all the local places, etc. but always made sure to have purified ice and bottled water for even brushing our teeth. Had absolutely no problems at all, got home, drove through a fast food joint for a quick burger on our way someplace else and both of us got so sick from the burgers we were in bed the entire next day!

That's it! We're moving the boogie to Maui!

"Cobbled together tin shacks!" Ha...they must have stumbled into Pedro's!

Some folks aren't happy unless there is a Hilton or McDonalds!

If the SunBreeze wasn't so nice and so good to me I would stay at E C. Stayed there once and LOVED it!

Now about Crazy Canucks...I WAS very ILL once after spending four HOURS there one time! Must have been contaminated ICE! And most of the patrons are quite DODGY!

Which article was that on Fodors? I read through the latest ones and didn't find it.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
article 95 Bobber " Belize swimming"

Never Use money to measure wealth
Thanks BiIl. Looks like he only made one post there also. Hmmm?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
My husband will be staying at EC for the 4th time this March. Granted it's not the newest place on the island but to us it's the best! It is clean, Carol and Don, the rest of the staff and the bartenders Allie and Elva are the best you will find anywhere. We have never really had a problem, but then again we are easy to please and are happy just to be somewhere warm!!

I didn't see the original post but these people have to realize that there is great poverty everywhere, but they may never see it unless they leave their "all inclusive"!!!

Opps, I meant my husband and I!!!!

E
E
I'll bet hubby is glad to hear that ! grin

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.