Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I was looking at some info on the Blue Hole how amazing the snorkeling is on the reef, the trip out there is pretty steep $150 from AC.
Is the trip worth it if you can't do the diving? or is snorkeling just as amazing on other cayes and not as costly?

185.usd at most places.
is it worth it...Its great snorkeling ,but honestly I send most out that have a partner thats diving the hole and they don't want to be left behind.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
In my opinion, the cost is worth it, even if you're not diving. The snorkeling is fantastic, the boat ride is fun and many shops do a picnic lunch on Half Moon Caye which is also very neat. It's an all day excursion and well worth the price. Then again, that's just my opinion.

and i agree buzzbean , but honestly out of 50 sent only 2 are going just to snorkel and don't have diving partners in the hole

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
&nbsp islabonita,
Part of the value in doing The Hole is having the memory of having done it. The Blue Hole is like one of the Seven Wonders of the Auqatic world, and going to Belize without seeing the Hole is like going to Vienna and not seeing an opera. You should go.

&nbsp The highlight of the trip might not be the Blue Hole itself, but the atolls along the way. I dove the hole on the misnamed "Blue Hole Express", which was one of the slowest diveboats I've ever been on. Since we were so slow, we had what was billed as a "liveaboard" experience-an overnighter. We camped out on Half Moon Caye and dove the Hole at the crack of dawn. The diving and snorkling at Half Moon was great. We had a full day of transit time in each direction and dove sites on Turneffe and Lighthouse reefs both days. It is a great memory.

&nbsp You might want to see if you can overnight on one of the outer atolls and snorkel the Hole from there. The added cost might not be too much, and you won't have to spend hours on the boat, pounding back and forth from San Pedro.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
K
K
Are you sure it wasn't the Offshore Express? Now that was a slow boat. I went on a 3 day trip on that boat and had a great time. Dove turneffe on the way out, spent the 1st night on Sand Bore(sp?)caye. Great view from the top of the old light house. Blue Hole first thing the next morning, Wall dive in the afternoon. Spent 2nd night on Half Moon. Dove the "Chimney" in the morning, fun dive. Another dive at turneffe on the way back. Nothing like breaking the surface in the morning to the smell of Charizo and fresh tortillas. Hard to believe they could make such great meals in that little hole of a kitchen. I would dive the Blue Hole again on a trip like that, but not out and back in 1 day.

It's worth it just to have lunch on Half Moon Caye!

C
C
If your a snorkeler prices should be less,,, I know A.C.s a bit more expensive then C.C but its only $50 to go snorkling at the Blue Hole from here. I did not think it was all that great. Better for divers. If you want to go out to the blue to do some great snorkeling with a dive boat go to Turneffe.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
OP Offline
From where Cooper? Who do I contact? thanks everyone for all your help .

C
C
I always recommend Belize Diving Services, search them they have a website, but they are also our humane society here and do wonderful things with their money. They will take you for an all day including lunch trip to Turneffe with the divers Frenchies will also take you to the blue hole. You may have to email these folks, They are scuba dive tours and may not have the snorkel prices on their websites. I cant believe it cost $185, to go snorkel the blue Hole from San Pedro. That must be wrong and I would check on it.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.