Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
lyndend Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi, I just found this board, it is great! I can't believe how hard it is to find info about AC. I am coming Jan 7 to see Jerry Jeff.(my first trip to Belize) I guess I waited too long to book, and the only oceanfront room I could get was at Belize Yacht Club and it is a 2 room suite @ $320/NT! Does anybody know if this will be a true ocean front, or will it be sitting way at the back of the property but facing the ocean? Also, what are the possibilities of picking up a cancellation at another hotel, maybe one that has a beach & a single suite? Romon's looks nice but they are booked. Thanks, you guys are great, I found more info here in 5 minutes, than elsewhere in 5 days!!

Welcome to the message board, thanks for appreciating our time and efforts, to help everyone make the right plans, that is what we does best, just ask our employers. LOL

Dare To Deviate
L
lyndend Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Surely your not suggesting some of you may work for the hotels in question? LOL

No No, we do not work for the hotels.
We are just a bunch of nice people that love Ambergris, and are stuck in the US, loving to talk to others that have the same interest. I was referring to employers at our US jobs, and totally unrelated to tourism.

Dare To Deviate
K
K
Try gocayecaulker.com Lots of hotels, available. Price from 25.USD to250.USD. I'm looking to, my first visit in Nov. When I saw ad, thought you meant visit Atlantic City.

D
D
Hey Lyndend, I'll be down there for JJW, also. We booked in May, and rooms were hard to come by back then! You are right about the message board, alot of good info through out. You will find that it is rather cliquish, however! Always fun to read, though!! ....

L
lyndend Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi dphil56, thanks for the insite. Where are you staying? Have you been to any of JJW's the past excursions to Belize? I'm also trying to round up a pair of laminates for the shows if you know anybody that has extra, (I don't know when they plan to send them out) . Tried & True told me they were only going to sell 150, but ended up selling 300! I have a friend who wants to go, and needs tickets.

Hi lyndend. I am a Jerry Jeff Walker fan too! and that is how I found out about Belize in the first place. The advice from others to stay at Caye Caulker here would require a boat ride from Caye Caulker to Ambergris Caye. My wife and I plan our first trip there this October, not for JJW's party but just vacation. JJW plans to party in San Pedro and I know that you want to stay close to there. All of the hotels/resorts have higher rates for winter than summer ( summer includes October), but it sounds like to me that the Yaght club is charging you !$&#bend over prices to stay there when you want to go. We have not been there yet but would be happy to report what we can on any place that you might want to transfer to after our visit. If you have not already, please check out //www.ambergriscaye.com and click on lodging and you can find out more than you can click on about places to stay and their rates. As I said, we have not been there yet so I can't offer good advice, but it seems like that the people that responded to you that have been there did not answer your questions. I love Jerry Jeff Walker and have been a fan of his for over 25 years. I am for sure going to look at Casa Gonzo if even from a distance while I am there. Hope that you enjoy your party vacation with him. For those unfamiliar, check out www.jerryjeff.com and follow the links that he has to Belize. He has an invitation to the party vacation that Lyndend is interested in, so please help if you know more.

D
D
Don't know of any extra laminates, but we already have ours. Got them about 3 weeks ago. We have never been to Belize. We have seen JJW on several occasions( gonna see him again in New Orleans on 10/14). We are booked at Rocks Inn. Can't find out a whole lot of info on them, however. Good luck on finding a place to stay, and with the laminates.

L
lyndend Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks dphil56 and TexasDawg, I have contacted most of the hotels and there are a few others that have garden view rooms but I really want the oceanfront even if it means getting the 2 room suite (if I get in a fight with my wife, I'll have my own room to sleep in!) TexasDawg, if you think of it when you get back from your trip, I would love to here your report, let me know what you think of the Belize Yacht Club and any others that catch your eye. You can email me at [email protected], or post it here as I'm sure I will be monitering this board also. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.