Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#26198 - 09/13/00 12:59 AM Nautical Maps
Laguna Punta Offline
My friend Sailor Sam is interested in nautical maps of Belize and more specifically AC. He tells me that there are such a thing as computerized maps for sailing, but he can't find any for Belize/AC. Sam has a 40' Sail boat, and he wonders if he could get it into the San Pedro Lagoon. What draft is necessary ta get ta the back side?
Gone fishing!!

#26199 - 09/13/00 01:19 AM Re: Nautical Maps
lyndend Offline
I don't know where to get them, but I think you want nautical "charts", not "maps"

#26200 - 09/13/00 10:25 AM Re: Nautical Maps
Parrothead Offline
You might want to try Bellingham Chart Printers. They specialize in nautical charts for around the world.

#26201 - 09/13/00 01:49 PM Re: Nautical Maps
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Calder, Nigel. The Cruising Guide to the Northwest Caribbean, International Marine/McGraw-Hill, 2nd ed., 1991, 262 pp. Navigational and anchorage information on the Caribbean Coast of Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Honduras.

Rauscher, Freya. Cruising Guide to Belize and Mexico’s Caribbean Coast, 2nd ed., Wescott Cove Publishing, 1996, 304 pp. with 119 charts and 133 photos. Comprehensive cruising guide, the best available to this region. Includes general charts of Belize’s coast and Mexico’s Caribbean Coast.

British Admiralty Nautical Charts. Nautical charts for the coast of Belize.

General Chart of the Caribbean Coast of Mexico South to Ambergris Caye, Wescott Cove Publishing, 1996.

General Chart of the Coast of Belize from Ambergris Caye to Guatemala Border, Wescott Cove Publishing, 1996.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#26202 - 09/15/00 12:08 PM Re: Nautical Maps
SamWoolsey Offline
Thanks Bill for posting the question and for telling me of the answers. Thanks to all for their responses. Any of the listed sources have digitized charts for use with the Cap'n software?

Next Question: If one leaves St. Louis before the snow flies, heading south down the Mississippi River in 40' Sail boat toward N'Orleans, how long will it take to get to Belize.

#26203 - 09/15/00 12:34 PM Re: Nautical Maps
margarita Offline
Sailin' Sam - Sounds like a trick question to me! How long is your stop in New Orleans?
Anybody know Art with the Houseboat? I think he made the same trip from New O.

#26204 - 09/15/00 01:04 PM Re: Nautical Maps
That can be one nasty trip in a sailboat. I trust that you have a whole lot of experience sailing or you wouldn't even be considering this or asking the question. Anybody remember the sailboat from across the Gulf that ripped up and sank on the reef in January of '98?

Art's personally crafted houseboat was towed behind a barge by a tug from N.O. Those of you interested may view the "Ark of Art" (hey, that's pretty good) in it's semi-permanent dockage at Woody's Wharf. One door north of Coconuts, a couple doors south of the Playador. No charge for pictures either.

#26205 - 09/15/00 02:00 PM Re: Nautical Maps
Laguna Punta Offline
Yah Sam, that's quiet a trip. We should get hold of dat Barefoot Skinny. His navagational skills are legend in Belize. I'll get with ya, maybe we can pick up dat Collin in New Orleans. RAMS TICKETS FOR SALE.
Gone fishing!!

#26206 - 09/15/00 02:04 PM Re: Nautical Maps
SAMWOOLSEY,your a brave man.I too have a 40' yawl and I think I would skirt the coast of Mexico."In case ya' get lost you can always stop at ask directions" famous quote from the movie CAPTAIN RON.A classic!!!!

#26207 - 09/15/00 02:05 PM Re: Nautical Maps
Laguna Punta Offline
That Sam is a great sailor. Hell, he's an old Helicopter Pilot! NUFF SAID?
Gone fishing!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.