Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#262096 01/08/08 11:34 AM
hphjan Offline OP
OP Offline
Any place that sells Canadian cigarettes? We are staying for two weeks and it appears that we can only bring in one carton (200 cigs) per person. Has anyone brought in more than one carton for personal use?

S
S
Quick answer - no, no Canadian smokes. Just unpack the cigarettes from the carton and distribute them around your luggage. I don't think they'll bust you for a few extra packs.

C
C
I'd pack a carton and then pick up another carton at duty free, same if you want good tequila, vodka or any other premium liquor for that matter.

Live Laugh Love
mojo is right buy some cigs at the duty free shop at the airport in Belize City after customs. The prices are great we paid $16.00 a carton, for Marlboro menthol. I believe each person is aloud 3 cartons.You can't beat the price thats for sure

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
I have seen some references to picking things up at the duty free inbound. What's the scoop here? Normally you can't hit the duty free unless you are outbound with a ticket and boarding pass. Or is that strictly a stateside thing?

On the other hand, you probably could pay them 3 times what they are asking for cigarettes and pretend they are Canadian. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
C
C
We flew through Dallas to Belize City in December and picked up liquor there - not cigarettes but since you pick up your duty free when boarding there shouldn't be any problems as well as we have brought liquor back to the states from other countries. Some duty frees sell the 5 carton boxes (I've seen Marlboro brand this way) so I have no idea what the limit is.

Live Laugh Love
hphjan Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the replies. Still not sure what to do. We clear US customs outbound from Edmonton. I have taken two cartons into the US and if/when questioned assured the customs officer that it was for personal use and there was no problem. Also did not matter if I purchased at duty free in the airport or had brought them from home.
We will be flying from Houston to Belize...so it is the Belize customs I was wondering about. Has anyone had any personal experience of bringing in more than 200 cigs for personal use...no matter what country they were from?

Bobber - good thing US and Canadian $'s are at par now, otherwise we'd be paying 10 times more wink

Are Marlboro cigs easy to obtain in AC?

hphjan

What part of Edmonton are you in? We live downtown. When are you going to Belize? We will be heading down to Belize about Feb 20th. We can always bring some Canadian cigarettes for you. We don't smoke so it wouldn't be a problem to bring some.

Sharyn

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
C
C
I don't think so - I only saw some off brands but I wasn't really looking - I had brought my own. Belize customs didn't say much to us, the airport was packed and they were just trying to shuffle people through. If you buy alcohol though and are taking Tropic Air over to AC, make sure you try not to carry that on - I wasn't even thinking about it and had to go back to check in, tell them what TA flight we were on, then one of the guys met me on the other side with our booze (I wasn't expecting that). We were also an hour and a half late for our TA flight and they still got is to AC that night.

Live Laugh Love
hphjan Offline OP
OP Offline
Sharyn - we are from Whitecourt, NW of Edmonton. Will be in AC Jan 18 - Feb 1. Thanks though, for the offer. Too bad we will miss each other...maybe next time.

I guess we will have to try some local cigs if we run out. Any suggestions???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.