Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#262094 01/08/08 11:29 AM
S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We are looking for things to do in AC that don't necessarily have to involve a tour with our 9 + 10 yr old.(gets pricey after 8 days) We are planning on spending a lot of time in AC and are trying to get a feel of the laid back side of the island that kids would enjoy. Walking up and down the streets gets boring for them. We are doing the diving and snorkeling wouldn't miss that, but want to come down and find other activities the island offers. We purchased a villa at reef village and want to make the island our "family time" also. We will be down in april so if there are events going on please let me know.

suecate #262138 01/08/08 02:47 PM
Rent bikes for the week and just tool around. If you bring your own snorkeling gear, you can snorkel under & around some of the hotel docks. There's a playground in central park & just over the bridge from Reef Village. Free aquarium on Caribena St in town. Let your kids meet local kids and do what they do (fishing off the back side of the island, playing beach games, etc. (Bring a fishing pole) Go to a beach like Mar de Tumbo (between Banana Beach & Banyan Bay) on Sunday when the local families go. Take a water taxi to Caye Caulker for the day & swim at the split. Bring some school supples to donate and let the kids bring them to the elementary schools. Stop by the library and see if there are any chess tournaments or anything going on that they can participate in. Most of the kid stuff will be in town, not near Reef Village. Lots to do and will give your kids a new look at their own life.

suecate #262161 01/08/08 04:03 PM
J
JDB Offline
J
We just returned from AC and had 4 children with us. We went to town and bought a kite and fishing line. They had more fun flying that kite on the beach. They think they got it about 4000 ft up using the fishing line. We also went on a catamaran snorkeling trip one day and to Lamanai ruins another day. We also packed our sand toys they (kids & adults) love to play at the beach. Have a great time. Julie

JDB #262180 01/08/08 05:35 PM
JDB:
Thanks for that Laugh. I needed that right about this time in my life.
4000 Ft laugh that would be quite the feat. 1333.33 yards of fishing line and about 100lb test would be needed to get the kite that high, if it could even be done. Ya Gotta love kids and thier imaginations.
I'm glad you had a wonderful time on the Island we all love.

Never Use money to measure wealth
J
JDB Offline
J
This is the child that flew the kite. We bought 2 750 yard rolls of fishing line and reeled it all the way out. The kite stayed up until we reeled it back in with a power drill. we had the whole condo out looking at the kite and it was so far up we couldn't see it with our video camera. We even had the security guard and the locals laughing with us. I guess it was quite the feat.

JDB #262230 01/08/08 10:10 PM
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
That explains why Tropic Air grounded all its planes.

#262249 01/09/08 07:25 AM
S
suecate Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I did not know of the beach on AC or the aquarium. My children are involved in Tae Kwon do and we stopped by and watch some martial arts classes while we were walking by. They loved it when we were down in October and they adapt very quickly to their surroundings and talked to all the kids that were playing in central park. Thank you anything else would be great.

JDB #262254 01/09/08 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by JDB
This is the child that flew the kite. We bought 2 750 yard rolls of fishing line and reeled it all the way out. The kite stayed up until we reeled it back in with a power drill. we had the whole condo out looking at the kite and it was so far up we couldn't see it with our video camera. We even had the security guard and the locals laughing with us. I guess it was quite the feat.

Congratulations then on your accomplishment . I'm amazed that you could control a kite 3/4 of a mile up in the air. I would have liked to have seen that myself.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.