Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#263800 01/21/08 02:47 PM
Kgryfon Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there! I am planning a trip to Belize in the near future and bringing whoever I can get to accompany me...even if that means I'll end up traveling alone. Due to school issues and funds, we'll be coming sometime in the "off season." I've read descriptions of off season weather, and it sounds kind of like Hawaii - warm/hot, with sudden warm and shortlived rains followed by yet more sunshine. Is that a good description? I kind of like those tropicals showers so this doesn't bother me at all. Now, if the weather is more like cloudy cool days one day after another, that would be a different story. It's kind of hard to tell because I think what I'm seeing on the internet is more focused on the mainland, not AC.

What IS the weather like during May - Sept? What would be the best month during that time?

Thanks!

Kat
hot sums it up pretty good smile

Let's not forget humid.

whew. I was there in September and damn! when the breeze dies or you go inland, it is just plain oppressive.

All the more reason to just plop down with a Belikin at BCs.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Been there many times in early May, very nice water temp. about 82. Once in Sept. & like Otter said no breeze & sweating every where you go. Lot's of places close & remodel in Aug-Sept. Peak hurrican season also.

Kgryfon Offline OP
OP Offline
Sounds like early June would probably be best for off-season weather! Hot/humid like in S. Carolina?

82 d water sounds sooo nice right about now!!!

Kat
Mid May is wonderful in San Pedro. As Otter said if the sea Breezes quit on you then A/C is a must. But it is not oppressive.
November is my Favorite time.Hurricane season is over, the weather is Fantastic,and the water is still warm enough to enjoy all the activities you want.
No matter what time you decide to visit the one thing you can always count on is the wonderful people you will meet .

BTW: South Carolina is only miserable hot in , July/Aug/ Sept. after that it's Paradise.

Never Use money to measure wealth
Like lobster? You might schedule around lobster season/lobsterfest. Middle of June. We were there last year. Hot, but not "cooking" hot. Humidity up a bit, but nothing a beer every now and then couldn't hold at bay. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I don't know about "off-season weather". This is currently the "off-weather season".

#263972 01/22/08 07:06 PM
Kgryfon Offline OP
OP Offline
Bobber - Lobster - Love it! Cold beer - Love it! Hot weather - Love it!

Middle of June it is!!!

I suppose I can find info on the lobster fest via searching, unless someone wants to fill me in. Do the dive groups go lobstering, or is that not allowed?

Pedro - you are too cleaver for me...

Bill - I only go to visit my sister in SC during summer, so that's all I know about the weather there. Doesn't bother me too much as long as I don't exert myself beyond lifting an umbrella drink on the beach : )

Kat
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.