Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#264042 - 01/23/08 04:01 PM Work permit ready, just need a little help :)
canukgirl Offline
So I am getting work permit papers together for myself and 3 other family members, it's all ready to go, but now I'm stuck........

I tried to call the Immigration department, (3 different phone #'s) and no one has answered....for a week.

So here are my questions:

1. Where is the best place to take the permit papers? Do I take them to Belize City, Belmopan, or is there somewhere in San Pedro?

2. Does everyone have to come, or can just one person take them all there?

3. Is there specific days to drop them off?

4. Why can't someone answer the phone at Immigration in Belmopan or Belize City?

If you have any info that might help...it would be appreciated. I am hoping to get these dropped off tomorrow......hmmm

#264045 - 01/23/08 04:10 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: canukgirl]
Diane Campbell Offline
I believe you submit applications for Work Permits to the Labour Department, not to Immigration.

There is an office for each department in San Pedro.
Phone number for San Pedro Labour Dept - 226-2687

I have received complaints from friends and associates who try to call me from out of country, saying I am not answering the phone and that it rings and rings but no answer. BUT I am right here next to the phone when this is happening. I assume that the problems you are having getting calls through to Immigration are of the same origin - what that may be is unknown.

#264047 - 01/23/08 04:14 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: Diane Campbell]
canukgirl Offline
Thanks, I'll try that right now.
Also, we have had people from Canada trying to call for 2 days, and yes, it just rings and rings..........joys of island life!

#264048 - 01/23/08 04:15 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: canukgirl]
canukgirl Offline
Do you know where the labour dept is?

#264055 - 01/23/08 04:59 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: canukgirl]
SimonB Offline
Labour in San Pedro is right across from the 5 a side court.

#264084 - 01/23/08 07:39 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: SimonB]
Uncle Buck Offline
1. Where is the best place to take the permit papers? Do I take them to Belize City, Belmopan, or is there somewhere in San Pedro?

Take the permit papers to Immigration in Belmopan since that is where they will end up anyways...it's the most expedient way. The labor department doesn't deal with work permits anymore.

2. Does everyone have to come, or can just one person take them all there?

It's probably better if everyone comes since the immigration officer will go through each application separately and inventory the contents to make sure everything is there. If only one person can drop them off it's probably not the end of the world

3. Is there specific days to drop them off?

No, but you can't pay for them on Mon. since the clerk isn't there.

4. Why can't someone answer the phone at Immigration in Belmopan or Belize City?

Welcome to Belize!

#264085 - 01/23/08 07:48 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: Uncle Buck]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
A fast tract system is in place for investors with larger projects.

#264974 - 01/30/08 04:25 AM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
Kra-Z-K Offline

Welcome to Belize!

I have never, ever had an issue of anyone answering and have called numerous times and always get an answer immediately. Unlike in the states where you hear a computer and push buttons then listen to elevator music and wait. "Your approximate wait time is 12 minutes." Then click, click, and you get disconnected and have to start over.

#265025 - 01/30/08 01:35 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: Kra-Z-K]
dabunk Offline
You need to take the paperwork to Belmopan Immigration Dept, they handle the paperwork not Labor Dept as Uncle Buck said.

#265227 - 01/30/08 11:33 PM Re: Work permit ready, just need a little help :) [Re: dabunk]
Uncle Buck Offline
Quote:
I have never, ever had an issue of anyone answering and have called numerous times and always get an answer immediately. Unlike in the states where you hear a computer and push buttons then listen to elevator music and wait. "Your approximate wait time is 12 minutes." Then click, click, and you get disconnected and have to start over.

If you can get anyone on the phone at Immigration in Belmopan by Friday ill give you +100 Kudos.

Good luck!

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,045 Topics
462,253 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.