Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264249 01/24/08 01:57 PM
Meggs Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello!

I've been to San Pedro a few times in previous years, but have always gone during the summer. I'll be heading down in mid march (yay!! can't come soon enough!!) and was just wondering what the atmosphere is during that time.

Also, this is my birthday trip and wanted to try something new for a new year of my life.My sister and I have been intrigued by fly fishing, but don't want to be the idiots out there not knowing what they're doing and messing things up! Is there any place or anyone on the island who teaches such things? Also, we wanted to go sailing/snorkeling...any suggestions?

Can't wait to be back!!

Megg

K
K
Check out the area flyshops(the San Diego Fly shop offers instruction) and take the lessons b4 you go. Flyfishing/flycasting is challenging enough generally, but when you add in spooky flats fish and winds, it can be a very frustrating day.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Check out March Holidays
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/holidays.html
My favorite is a Night Snorkel at Hol Chan.
//ambergriscaye.com/holchan/index.html
Belize it!

Meggs, now wait a minute, I'm going to be there for my birthday too on 3/3 and stay until 3/12. If your are there during that time let's buy a birthday cake (liquid that is) and throw a party! I'll be at Rubys.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Hey, I have been wondering about that night snorkeling at Hol Chan. How is that? My daughter is ready to take it on but I have reservations. Did go out to iluminescent place in Jamaica once at nite, but had to drink a lot of Red Stripe. Will this require many Belekins...Just wondering,,,,

I did the night snorkel last June. The folks with me loved it. I, on the other hand, did not realize how difficult it would be to see underwater in the dark (without prescription lenses, which I needed). Taking into consideration the fact that I couldn't see well, it felt a little eerie out there in the dark. It was a neat experience, though, and I'm glad I did it, but next time I will get a better mask or wait until after I get that LASIK! There were a lot of creatures out that are not out during daylight.

Thanks for that input. I can see myself swaying in that direction!!! We'll see!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.