Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#264249 - 01/24/08 01:57 PM San Pedro in March
Meggs Offline

I've been to San Pedro a few times in previous years, but have always gone during the summer. I'll be heading down in mid march (yay!! can't come soon enough!!) and was just wondering what the atmosphere is during that time.

Also, this is my birthday trip and wanted to try something new for a new year of my life.My sister and I have been intrigued by fly fishing, but don't want to be the idiots out there not knowing what they're doing and messing things up! Is there any place or anyone on the island who teaches such things? Also, we wanted to go sailing/snorkeling...any suggestions?

Can't wait to be back!!

#264257 - 01/24/08 03:24 PM Re: San Pedro in March [Re: Meggs]
krehfish Offline
Check out the area flyshops(the San Diego Fly shop offers instruction) and take the lessons b4 you go. Flyfishing/flycasting is challenging enough generally, but when you add in spooky flats fish and winds, it can be a very frustrating day.
Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

#264275 - 01/24/08 06:14 PM Re: San Pedro in March [Re: krehfish]
margarita Offline
Check out March Holidays
My favorite is a Night Snorkel at Hol Chan.
Belize it!

#264280 - 01/24/08 06:54 PM Re: San Pedro in March [Re: margarita]
azbob Offline
Meggs, now wait a minute, I'm going to be there for my birthday too on 3/3 and stay until 3/12. If your are there during that time let's buy a birthday cake (liquid that is) and throw a party! I'll be at Rubys.
"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

#264395 - 01/25/08 05:09 PM Re: San Pedro in March [Re: Meggs]
LoveH20 Offline
Hey, I have been wondering about that night snorkeling at Hol Chan. How is that? My daughter is ready to take it on but I have reservations. Did go out to iluminescent place in Jamaica once at nite, but had to drink a lot of Red Stripe. Will this require many Belekins...Just wondering,,,,

#264444 - 01/26/08 12:58 AM Re: San Pedro in March [Re: LoveH20]
cakelee Offline
I did the night snorkel last June. The folks with me loved it. I, on the other hand, did not realize how difficult it would be to see underwater in the dark (without prescription lenses, which I needed). Taking into consideration the fact that I couldn't see well, it felt a little eerie out there in the dark. It was a neat experience, though, and I'm glad I did it, but next time I will get a better mask or wait until after I get that LASIK! There were a lot of creatures out that are not out during daylight.

#264543 - 01/26/08 02:20 PM Re: San Pedro in March [Re: cakelee]
LoveH20 Offline
Thanks for that input. I can see myself swaying in that direction!!! We'll see!!!!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (joekerland, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,685 Topics
461,184 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.