Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We have finally decided on which week we are coming to AC, and have now found an alternative place to stay while we are there and would like advice on Which place to stay. Both places are private homes situated directly on the beach, but they are located on different parts of the Caye. We will be visiting AC from July 6th through July 14th. We are bringing our 13 and 14 year old kids and if property and laws allow, our little dog. We want to do alot of advernturing while we are there, but like our privacy and times of solitude too.

So, what are the advantages/disadvantages to staying on the beach north of San Pedro versus staying on the beach far south on the Caye?

C
C
We stayed in a private condo appx 3 miles south of town across from Mr Joes - on the beach with a pool, pier, palapa etc...we rented a golf cart to get back and forth to town and explore the island; everything worked out great. When we were there they were buiding new condos but I don't know how full or busy they will be. Regardless it was a great stay!! I've heard there are a lot of regulations to bringing pets to AC so you may want to be diligent in checking that out. Just FYI.

Live Laugh Love
M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks colomojo!

To be more specific as to the locations, one home is south of the dump and the other one is 6 miles north of SP and apparently you must take a boat(on the property) to get to SP.

Thanks again to everyone who can help us make a decision.

I agree with colomojo - south of town is great because you are close enough to get to town to eat, shop, keep the kids occupied, etc but far enough away that the beach seems very private and there's not much traffic (if any at all at the home you are looking at south of the dump). We also rent a cart, as it gives us the freedom to come and go as we please.

I, personally, would like the seclusion of being 6 miles north, but my kids would probably disagree after a day or two.

Keep in mind, if you are doing any excursions, the tour operators offer to pick you up (at least they do south of town, and I would think north of town would be the same).

JZB Offline
There is just as much beach traffic 6 miles north of town (because of the resorts) than there is 3 miles south but if staying south, you can get to town in 15 minutes in a golf cart.

C
C
yes - Our tour folks picked us up right at the pier outside the condo. I don't know where the dump is so I can't give a reference there. I have heard from the north of town one must take a water taxi to get to town but this is something else I have not experienced yet either. The management company we rented the condo from provided transportation to and from the airstrip and we had the golf cart after that! It was so convenient to come and go as we pleased. We will be back in May and can't wait...staying only 1/2 a mile from where we did in December.

Live Laugh Love
I like the north end of the Island better myself but I don't have kids to entertain. It is very easy to get to town from the north end especially if you have a golf cart. As far as your dog is concerned, it really isn't that hard to bring them into belize, as long as you can prove that it's shots are all up to date, and has a clean bill of health it shouldn't be any problem what so ever. You also need a import permit from BAHA Here is there email address [email protected]. Where ever you stay I know you will have the time of your life, as there are pro's and cons to both side of the island.

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Wow! Thank you everyone for all the great advice! :-)

The home to the north comes with its' own 21 ft skiff, but we are limited to getting a ride to SP only once per day and I think we'd need to find our own way back home from SP once we get there. I've grown up with boats my whole long life, but don't know if we could convince the owners to allow us to take the skiff ourselves after a few trips with him?

If we stay in the far south, we would definately rent a golf cart.

The home in the south is on the AC satellite map from another thread but the home in the north is not, and is in the blurry map area.

C
C
Cheryl is right, no matter where you stay you will have a great time!! Sounds like since you have kids, the South end has more to offer convenience wise. I've decided to take an adventure to the North next time we are there. AC is just awesome!

Live Laugh Love
my vote with kids is South.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.