Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#265063 - 01/30/08 04:50 PM Arriving on Sunday!
timeoff2fish Offline
We're arriving on Sunday and staying at the Xanadu - any recommendations on a shorkeling guide - 1/2 day trip? I've looked at the weather and it looks like they are forecasting a 30-40% chance of rain each day. I am hoping it's just scattered showers. I know we will have a great time rain or shine. 4 more sleeps!

#265064 - 01/30/08 04:53 PM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: timeoff2fish]
Leah-Ann Offline
I've never needed a guide for "shorkeling" - just take your book and your Belikin and have a great time! laugh

But, if you want to go in the water, look up Tulu - he's a great guide and does a mean beach bbq!

#265137 - 01/30/08 07:17 PM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: Leah-Ann]
islabonita Offline
timeoff.. take a look at my trip report of Xanadu and Lil Alphonse.He is the best! The office at the hotel will book the trip for you.
We had partly cloudy and misty rain on one day and the sea was clear as could be.. just go and take a windbreaker!

Edited by islabonita (02/02/08 11:04 PM)

#265342 - 01/31/08 03:49 PM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: islabonita]
timeoff2fish Offline
Thanks islabonita! We'll schedule a trip with Lil Alphonse. I'll be sure to bring the windbreaker!

#265350 - 01/31/08 04:32 PM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: timeoff2fish]
tacogirl Offline
Both Tulu and Lil Alphonse are the 2 I hear most recommended for snorkeling.

#265413 - 01/31/08 09:34 PM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: tacogirl]
Renee-md Offline
Hey Laurie, how do we reach either of them?

#265446 - 02/01/08 01:31 AM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: Renee-md]
jessie_30 Offline
Hello Timeoff! I will be at Xanadu during the same time! Actually, I'm getting married there on next Saturday, and a lot of the resort is made up of our guests. I'm very nervous about the forecast as well. I hope it doesn't rain the whole time! We'll see you there!

#265503 - 02/01/08 02:23 PM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: jessie_30]
timeoff2fish Offline
Hi Jessie, Congratulations!! Hopefully, the forecast will improve - you'll have a wonderful time, showers or sunshine! :-). It sounds like you'll have lots for family and friends with you and that's all that counts. We'll see you there and buy you a drink to celebrate!!

#265783 - 02/02/08 11:03 PM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: timeoff2fish]
islabonita Offline
Seems all the local resorts know him ( Lil Alphonse) and can schedule the tour for you. He has a website but I never got an answer from him.
When we were there it rained for a coupole of hours/evening and then it usually clears up for another couple of hours

Good luck and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

#265820 - 02/03/08 01:11 AM Re: Arriving on Sunday! [Re: islabonita]
kris48 Offline
Tulu is the blue boat at pier where the island taxi is. Look for him , or ask. He's very good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.