Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#265107 01/30/08 12:29 PM
OP Offline
I would like to download more music to my ipod nano, but the original disc was used on my desktop, and I'm on a lap top. The disc has been packed away, so isn't available(in storage container). My problem is, I don't want to delete what is on the ipod, but want to add to it. It won't let me do it without deleting what is already on there, using ITunes. Any way I can load more on it without removing what is on there? I can't sync it because the sync part is on the desktop puter. HELP!!!

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
S
S
Aha, those tricky folks at Apple won't allow it. You can always download iTunes from apple.com to your laptop. The problem is where your songs are at. If you have the same songs on the laptop, no problem, they will be added to iTunes. If you don't have these songs on your laptop, you will loose everything on your Nano when you update. iPods are sucky on this feature.

I could be wrong, as the tech world is way above my island mentality!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
S&S,

I have some info on how to copy all the info onto a different computer or drive. It is at home, but I can scan the documents and send you a copy tomorrow, if that helps.

Dita

OP Offline
See, therein lies my problem, Simon. I don't have the old ones on my laptop. I wonder if there is a way we can download from the ipod to the laptop, or a cd, and then reverse it when I download the new songs to the ipod? Anyone ever tried this? If they did, how do you get music from the ipod to the computer? I hate this hi-tech stuff....makes my head hurt!

OP Offline
Dita, that would be great, if you would send it to me. I need to get what is on my ipod to my computer, then to a cd, then reload everything to my ipod. Geez....life can be so hard sometimes.

Is it giving you an option to load into the library? Like loading a CD into your Itunes library? Recreating a playlist so to speak? then you can unload from the IPOD and reload again? The Geek Squad may be able to help also, but you have to pay for them.

"All people smile in the same language"
Shopgirl #265128 01/30/08 12:53 PM
OP Offline
nope, shopgirl, it won't let take anything from the ipod. I will play some more but I think it's gonna be a bust. frown

Have you tried the support site for apple? If you go to Apple.com and click on support. They have a site to download the itunes file. I have not gone into it myself but I think it may be downloading the CD that you do not have on hand and then re registering your IPOD from there. It is worth a try.

"All people smile in the same language"
Shopgirl #265145 01/30/08 01:54 PM
i have a program called Tune Tools that allows transfer from ipod to hard drive.
i bought mine but i know there are some free downloads available as well.
senuti is one (itunes backwards) i think,, and a few more.
it google's up quick.

Barnacle #265146 01/30/08 02:02 PM
There's a program called iPod Copy (for Mac) that is a free trial, $20 to buy. You can go to download.com and search "ipod rip" for other software that will copy from iPod to computer.

mikeywaz
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.