Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#265063 01/30/08 10:50 AM
T
OP Offline
T
We're arriving on Sunday and staying at the Xanadu - any recommendations on a shorkeling guide - 1/2 day trip? I've looked at the weather and it looks like they are forecasting a 30-40% chance of rain each day. I am hoping it's just scattered showers. I know we will have a great time rain or shine. 4 more sleeps!

I've never needed a guide for "shorkeling" - just take your book and your Belikin and have a great time! laugh

But, if you want to go in the water, look up Tulu - he's a great guide and does a mean beach bbq!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
timeoff.. take a look at my trip report of Xanadu and Lil Alphonse.He is the best! The office at the hotel will book the trip for you.
We had partly cloudy and misty rain on one day and the sea was clear as could be.. just go and take a windbreaker!

Last edited by islabonita; 02/02/08 05:04 PM.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks islabonita! We'll schedule a trip with Lil Alphonse. I'll be sure to bring the windbreaker!

Both Tulu and Lil Alphonse are the 2 I hear most recommended for snorkeling.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Hey Laurie, how do we reach either of them?

J
J
Hello Timeoff! I will be at Xanadu during the same time! Actually, I'm getting married there on next Saturday, and a lot of the resort is made up of our guests. I'm very nervous about the forecast as well. I hope it doesn't rain the whole time! We'll see you there!

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Jessie, Congratulations!! Hopefully, the forecast will improve - you'll have a wonderful time, showers or sunshine! :-). It sounds like you'll have lots for family and friends with you and that's all that counts. We'll see you there and buy you a drink to celebrate!!

Seems all the local resorts know him ( Lil Alphonse) and can schedule the tour for you. He has a website but I never got an answer from him.
When we were there it rained for a coupole of hours/evening and then it usually clears up for another couple of hours

Good luck and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Tulu is the blue boat at pier where the island taxi is. Look for him , or ask. He's very good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.