OP Offline
D
between the following hotels, which would you choose:

The Tides
Sun Breeze
Corona Del Mar
Banana Beach
*Other

I know "where to stay" questions are asked all the time, but I'm truly having a quandary. The more I look, the more confused I get.

Some info about us...we are four friends (2 girls, 2 guys, not couples) in our early thirties who want to be near enough to walk into town. We'd prefer something that wasn't real family oriented, because we can get a little bit loud. We want something nice, but affordable. Our budget is around 200 a night for all four of us. We are looking into suites and quad rooms that we can afford on this budget. We don't care about having a kitchen. We don't mind swimming off a dock, but we'd like to lay on the beach.

Also, we are coming for a the week of Memorial Day (May 24-31). How soon do you think we need to book a room?

my order would be Banana Beach, C del mar, Sunbreeze (will need 2 rooms), The Tides (2 rooms). Sunbreeze is closest to town (in town really) but only allows 3 adults per room. Tides has some new 2 bedroom suites so if you could get one of those, it would move up on the list and still be in your budget.

I'd book fairly soon for Memorial weekend

Last edited by Barbara K; 01/30/08 11:59 AM.
I'll put my plug in for Banana Beach. Rooms are large and clean, the included full breakfast adds to the value, it's close enough to walk the beach to town, two great pools and an excellent onsite bar. oh yeah, and the staff are great fun!!! smile

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
L
L
If I can offer my 2 cents. I stayed at the Spindrift for two months in early 2006 and found it to be a perfect situation for "walkers". It is right in the middle of town on the beach. They have an apartment with 3 double beds and a huge sofa, kitchen, wireless and a/c for $150usd per night. A double room will run you $78 per night per room should you want to split up. The staff is wonderful, it is steps from the windsurfing rentals, island ferry, water taxi, the TackleBox restaurant and dive shops. The Pier Lounge and Caliente's restaurant occupy the bottom floor, next door is Estelle's restaurant, a large stretch of beach, then Big Daddy's, then Fido's. Rooms are clean and simple, but for me, I prefer to spend my money on fun things rather than a room that I will only be passing out in every night.

Take a look at Exotic Caye as well. Fun people, quick walk into town and a great bar (Crazy Canucks)!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
D
Destri Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you all, and keep the responses coming. I think I'm currently suffering from the "reading too many reviews on TripAdvisor" bug, so it's nice to hear from people who aren't upset and who have unbiased opinions.

I'll check out both the Spindrift and Exotic Caye.

Last year we stayed at Banana Beach and loved it. In fact, we are going there again this year... the only thing is, is there isnt much going on there at nite...Its kind of quiet. Of course, there are the golf carts you can take to town or walk along the shore...Other than that the pools are great and we really like the breakfasts....Have fun!!!

You might also take a look at the Palms. Centrally located, fair beach next door, comfortable rooms, good view.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Also look at Paradise Villas. Very close to town with a lovely pool, yet with a peaseful feel to it. Two agents manage different parts of it - Tradewinds and Nellies.

Aqua Marina Suites
You could fit 4, nice pool, nice beach, in town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.