Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
For you folks that live on AC full time what are the monthly fees and service plans for using BTL as your internet provider. Thanks.

I had a very disappointing experience with trying to hook up with BTL. I paid the price, but never did actually get it going. I had a old laptop, so that my have been part of the problem. I recall for 8 hrs a month, it cost, I believe $20US. I don't recall how much an hour after 8 hrs. I have a feeling that Sandshaker will be getting with ya for more detail. I'll check back. I want ta see what she says about BTL. It'll be good, I promise.She just loves BTL. HEE HEE

Gone fishing!!
LOL @ Bill....you know me TOO well!
StockTrader....for $20 US a month you get service and includes 8 measley hours of internet time....after that it is $2 US per hour.....grrrrrr
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 11-05-2000).]

S
OP Offline
S
Bill and Sandshaker thanks for the rate information. I use about 200 hours per month in the U.S. so if I lived full time in AC my monthly internet bill with BTL would be around $400. That is outrageous-- what a rip off. If BTL offered a DSL line I would hate to think what they would charge for it.
There is really no excuse for BTL to charge $2 an hour for time over eight hours other than they have a monolopy. I think I would look into a personal satalite system if I lived there.

M
M
Internet rates are so high in Belize due to BTL being the only service for Telephone and internet.:C However, alternatives may be coming but from what I have read, it will be only in the Free Trade Zone of Corozal.
Keep in fingers crossed for the prospect of The Freedom of Internet Choice!

S
OP Offline
S
Marvel, Will that still be through BTL or another internet provider ?

BTL diffeniently Rucks! ( I'm trying ta watch my language, its difficult when speaking of BTL.)

Gone fishing!!
M
M
StockTrader:
I will look for the article and let you know.
Soon As I find it. It sounds like it will be a relief for some but not for AC or other parts of Belize. Will let you know!

M
M
Received my daily report from the Reporter:
Info on BTL you will find it VERY INTERESTING!
go to: www.bze.net/reporter

S
OP Offline
S
Marvel, thanks for the follow up on the BTL mess. I would place my bet on the money man getting full control of BTL and if not he will be well paid for his stock.########### I looked over the entire web site you recommended and was shocked about the BUS AMBUSH full of people with one of the bad guys getting what he deserved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.