Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266535 02/06/08 02:18 PM
R
Red Sox Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Some people have told me it is gonna rain every day all day and others say a brief shower here or there. Which one is it?

K
K
Both, along with periods of flat calm, oppressive heat and an occaisional hurricane.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
The real Hurricane season ( other than the official)is really in Sept./Oct. and a little of Nov.
June and July have some of the best diving days I've seen. The rain comes and goes quickly and Sun shines bright in between.
The only real month worthy of a warning is March we always seem to have a great # of tourist and the wind is always canceling out trips.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #269197 02/25/08 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I would like to come in August. The first or second week. I hear the weather is ok, then I hear it is not. I look now and I see showers everyday so is it really that bad in August? Looks like there is rain now too. We know it will rain ... we just don't want the whole trip ruined. Our main goal is to snorkel. We MUST be able to do that. We are spending 3 days hoping to see ruins and kayak down the Belize River, maybe see caves and waterfalls, and 4, or 5, days either in San Pedro or Placencia - also, which is better?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Last edited by aprilclo; 02/25/08 05:10 PM.
C
C
I love July through Sept. I live on Caye Caulker and love the water. Nov to April it can be windy, water is choppy..our windsurfing and kite boarding residents come then...but the nights are cool and that I do love. July thru Sept the water is usually like glass..perhaps a bit too warm but still the reef is so kool..the manatees come out here that time of year and its not unusual too run into one. The rain has never seemed an issue to me, but the nights are hot so make sure you have A.C. in the last 50 years Belize has been hit by hurricanes only in late Sept and October,,,that means nothing really with all the running around and prep we went thru early in the season for Dean and Felix....On the mainland you may find it more uncomfortable, too humid. Nothing is really for sure...it can rain during dry season, not rain during rainy season,,,weather patterns are changing..just come when you can, this little country has alot to offer............
You should be aware the weather reports you read will say its raining when it isnt..somtimes..I dont know whats up with that,,but we are always talking to friends in the States that say,,oh I see youve been having some rain..WHAT RAIN, NO RAIN....only sunshine....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #269229 02/25/08 10:49 PM
I agree with Cooper that the rain is really no issue. We did a snorkel tour one day during overcast skies and drizzle all day and had the best time. It will be what you choose to make of it. There is so much to see and do that the weather becomes a "non issue". I did enjoy a very brief shower now and then to cool off.

"All people smile in the same language"
Thank you everyone! I am very excited to come anytime actually. I have wanted to come my whole life ... for some reason drawn to Belize out of all the places in the world. It is my husband that is so picky about everything. He wants to have the whole experience. Ruins, Rainforest, and Reef. I will just make sure we have AC everywhere. wink
Take care all!

Last edited by aprilclo; 02/27/08 11:56 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.