Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#266907 - 02/08/08 04:21 PM IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ??
captjeff Offline
Is the dawning of a new day .??? UDP WINS . Now a new goverment...How does this efect sanpedro?? I never get involed in politics !!!! As A once a month vistor I was just happy to be able to live in my condo and live the dream !! but what now for my friends who are belizians???????

#266911 - 02/08/08 04:29 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: captjeff]
travelqueen Offline
Is UDP red or blue?

#266913 - 02/08/08 04:35 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: travelqueen]
SP Daily Offline
UDP = Red

#266916 - 02/08/08 04:38 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: SP Daily]
travelqueen Offline
thank thee!

#266918 - 02/08/08 04:40 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: travelqueen]
SimonB Offline
Only time will tell what it means.

#266921 - 02/08/08 04:53 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: SimonB]
JZB Offline
I'm hoping the results will work in San Pedro's favor since now we are red all the way down the line. But on the other hand, Dean Barrow scares me. Then again, how much worse could he be than Musa? Simon is right, only time will tell.
I'm just glad all those horrible campaign ads are over!

#266948 - 02/08/08 06:39 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: JZB]
pedro2
The end of corruption, jobs and prosperity for all, lower prices, increased visitor numbers, improved policing, better dealing with garbage, better roads and infrastructure generally, conservation of our eco-heritage, ...

... all things I'm not holding my breath for.

#266978 - 02/08/08 07:58 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: ]
pugwash Offline
I have not paid a lot of attention to who represented what in the recent Belizean elections, partly because I find it difficult to not add my 2 cents worth to any debate, and this was an issue for the people of Belize.

I do have 2 comments now it’s over:

The turnout seems to have been in the 68-70% range, which is wonderful, and it seems to be that the “younger” a country is, the more involved the populace becomes. In Iraq and Afghanistan, voter turnout was over 80% despite threats of death and violence, whereas in the states a 50% is considered heavy voting: this in a country that with more entitlements than most of the world can even begin to imagine, and yet it's filled with people who can't seem to stop complaining about how much more they should get!

Any time is see a phrase like landslide victory over leftist PUP (Marty post #266895, last night) I feel good about the free electoral process (as I would had the incumbents been ultra right)

As I stated before in other posts, Freedom means different things to different people.

#266981 - 02/08/08 08:06 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: pugwash]
Leah-Ann Offline
"The real value of freedom is not to the minority that wants to talk, but to the majority, that does not want to listen."

#266988 - 02/08/08 08:23 PM Re: IS THIS THE DAWNING OF A NEW DAY ?? [Re: Leah-Ann]
Don Greife Offline
When I was there recently I overheard a conversation in a restaurant, between three well dressed guys, that were discussing the possibilities for a series of constitutional ammendments. Anybody heard of such talk?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.