Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#26707 - 09/15/00 11:56 AM Please don't tell my friends back home!
bigzeke Offline
But I just went to Napster and downloaded "Come along to Belize with me" and "Gringo in Belize." Then I immediately went to CDNOW.COM and bought the CD with those songs on it. Now you guys and gals have got to understand that I own a waterfront restaurant in Florida and all we play is Jimmy Buffet all day long. I'll vomit if I hear "Cheeseburger in Paradise" one more time! Now listen carefully because when I get my Jerry Jeff Walker CD I am gonna blast it through my dining room. SCREW them Parrotheads! I just can't let my rocker friends back home know I have been converted. Oh the shame of it all. Seawings you won!!!!

#26708 - 09/15/00 12:04 PM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
It's a great feeling to bring someone back from the DARK SIDE.Glad we caught you in time.

#26709 - 09/15/00 12:49 PM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
If I had the "time" I'd come down to St. Augie and help you crank it up. Remember, he and Buffet are real good friends. You can tell the clientle that Jimmy asked for some "southern exposure" for JJW.

No one is allowed to go to BZ with us until they know all the words to "Gringo" and also "Ain't Nobody's Business".

#26710 - 09/15/00 12:59 PM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
Chloe Offline
Whew, am I relieved, you said, have to know all the words, I can that, but if you said have to sing them, then I have failed. Can't sing. But I can hand drum on the bar. Can't keep the beat well either, but know one notices.
Dare To Deviate

#26711 - 09/15/00 08:15 PM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
Sandshaker Offline

Could you play..."Pencil Thin Moustache" just one more time....please....pretty please!.....LOL

I love Jimmy...I swear I do...got all his stuff including the boxed sets. I especially love Banana Wind and the last one Beach House on the Moon.

But I do like other stuff...Barefoot Skinny is great and should fit right in with your J.B. crowd...they will all be "Barefoot Heads"....instead of Parrot Heads....LOL

JJW...will fit in too.

I personally like some smooth jazz once in a while. Nothing like it....ahhhh....Randy Crawford singin'....Cajun Moon!

#26712 - 09/16/00 05:24 AM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
Barefoot Skinny Offline
Thanks for the Plug SS!!
PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"

#26713 - 09/17/00 12:26 AM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
Laguna Punta Offline
Bearfoot Heads? How about Skinny Heads!
Gone fishing!!

#26714 - 09/17/00 12:45 PM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
Parrothead Offline
Did I just get slammed here??!?!

#26715 - 09/17/00 12:55 PM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
bigzeke Offline
Parrothead...NO...I apologize to you. I love Jimmy Buffet it is just that I work at this restaurant 16 hours a day and that is the ONLY music that is ever being played. I need a break from him every once in a while.Sincere apolgies if I offended you!

#26716 - 09/17/00 03:02 PM Re: Please don't tell my friends back home!
Sandshaker Offline
LOL.....Parrothead....surely your not really mad.
If you'll notice in my post.....I said I love J.B......We grew up in the same area!

But even J.B. listens to other artist and genres of music.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (DonnyQ), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.