Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#26719 - 09/18/00 10:08 AM Introducing... me.
Parrothead Offline
It has just occured to me that none of you know anything about me so I thought I'd give you all some vitals:

My name is Jim Tyner
I'm 36 years old and married 8+ years to my wife Pam (she won't like this but - she's 33)
We have two "kids" named Sparky and Pebbles (Dalmatians)
We both have lived the vast majority of our lives in Florida
Met in college at the Univ of Fl. (Go Gators!)
Currently live in Columbus, Ohio (Blech!!)
Before that, in Las Vegas.
Why the hell are we in Ohio? Pam's job at The Limited. I'm working for Borden Foods.
This is the first time I have lived in a state that has State and City income taxes and it is KILLING ME!!

I was certified and have been diving since 1980 (Pam doesn't dive though.)
Love the sea! Never been so landlocked and it sucks!

We own 10% of a start up company in Iowa that makes industrial dumpsters out of post consumer recycled plastic, roof tiles out of recycled tires, and pallets out of recycled plastic. When this baby takes off we are expatriating - and Look Out AC is tops on the list of places!!

I'd be interested in learning about you guys too if you care to tell us.

#26720 - 09/18/00 10:36 AM Re: Introducing... me.
bigzeke Offline
You will be happy to know that my restaurant is in St.Augustine,Fl and one of my better customers is Steve Spurrier. My wife and I are friends with him and his wife. I sure hope you watched that Gator-Tenn. game on Saturday. I am 49 years old and my wife is 47 years young. We have been married over 20 years..WOW! We have two boys and a girl plus two wire-haired pointing griffons(bet no one ever heard of those dogs)whose names are Lizzy Borden and Mini Me. Mini Me because she is two years younger and looks exactly like Lizzy because they have the same parents.I owned a restaurant in New York for 17 years and one down here for 10 years. So you can see why I am ready to get out of this rat race and get my ass to Belize.Now being in the restaurant business my entire life I do disagree with a few of your choices on where to eat but I ain't gonna tell you where I don't like to eat because it does a terrible disservice to the owner. I will make one slight suggestion though, Ramon's is a lot better than the responces you guys give.So there take that! I am going once again to AC in November with my wife and when I return to the states I hope to be a proud owner of a piece of paradise. Oh yea, my name is Jerry not Zeke. A long story that ain't worth boring you with.

#26721 - 09/18/00 11:06 AM Re: Introducing... me.
Love to participate..but those ex-wives, federal judges, and that darn parole officer just might monitor travel boards. Jerry, I like your take on things, especially since we got you tuned to the JJW part.

We have MANY friends in the restaurant business throughout Indiana and Illinois (Chicago), and have great admiration for the effort needed to be sucessful. Are you planning to live in AC on a more or less permanent basis, or as a part-timer?

At your recommendation (see what you have done?) we will give Ramon's restaurant a whirl again in a few weeks. It has been several years since the last time, but lately I've heard some things that might make me want to try it again. However, since the bar and restaurant are seperate concessions, I can say this with some authority...BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL OF THE "MILKY" DRINKS. Not because of risk of intoxication, that will be the least of your worries. This has happened to our adult children and our traveling companions 100% of the time over the past 4 years. Hmmmm, on second thought maybe it's us.

#26722 - 09/18/00 05:27 PM Re: Introducing... me.
Sunkissed Offline
Great idea Jim, here goes: My name is Rhonda Scheele and I'm 36 years old, my husband's name is Don and is 49. We have been married 3 years (second time around for both of us). I have two daughters, Tasheena is 16 (a sophmore in H.S.) and Amber is 14 ( a freshman in H.S.). They are both on the Cheerleading squad and having great fun. And if any of you need to know anything....and I mean anything, just ask one of them, they know everything....LOL I have two stepsons, Trenton is 24 and Bryant is 21. I own two cats named Sauvie and Malcolm (both Siamese) and extremely spoiled! I work for Georgia Pacific as an Administrative Asst. (aka: their girl friday) for Procurement (wood & fiber, we buy timber) and my husband is a Lumber Broker. We live in Oregon, so what other profession would we be in. Hopefully that won't get to many peoples dander up. We are very environmentally cautious. So if any of you are environmentalist please don't chew my head off. So knowing that we live in Oregon where the rain starts about October and doesn't really let up till around June. You can probably imagine why it is that we love to get away to sunny and warm places come spring. Hence Belize in March!!!

#26723 - 09/18/00 06:56 PM Re: Introducing... me.
booblers Offline
Good idea Jim! My name is Jenn Lizzi and I live in Central New Jersey. I am 24 years old and have been dating my boyfriend Jamie, that is coming to Belize with me, for almost 4 years. I have no children but a dog named Duncan that is enough work for me. I am a dental hygienist for a pedatric and a general dentist which happen to be husband and wife. November will be my first trip to Ac and I can not wait. I hope it is as great as it sounds.

#26724 - 09/18/00 06:57 PM Re: Introducing... me.
booblers Offline
sorry about the spelling

#26725 - 09/18/00 07:33 PM Re: Introducing... me.
Gary Offline
Hey Now! Great idea. My name is Gary. I am 39, single, but belong to the sinners club. My girlfriend Barbara, and I have lived together now for 6 years. We both scuba dive, love to travel, who doesn't, and look forward to our next visit to A.C.

We live in Connecticut, both work for Public Utility Companies, water and phone. In my free time, I am a travel agent.

We have purchased a timeshare at Basil Jones Beach Resort which is opening soon. Contact Sandshaker on this baord for details.

For your travel needs, email me.

gmcarlson@snet.net or check into

#26726 - 09/18/00 07:35 PM Re: Introducing... me.
Ok here is me.
My name is Steve Barnes from Ft. Worth Texas and just turned the BIG 50.I have two kids,Amanda just graduated from North Texas University and looking for a job in Austin in technical writing.My son,Travis is a junior also at North Texas University majoring in Radio-Tv Production.
I am getting married on 11-11 @11:00,to a wonderful girl,Robin.So everyone please come and if ya' can't were registered at Home Depot.
Most of my time is spent restoring my 40' yawl,not ya'll, ya'll but yawl type of sailboat, ya'll.We should complete this year and float in the spring.If it would ever rain here.I have property up in Basil Jones that I bought a few years ago.We will retire here after sailing the Caribe in a few years.
When I'm not working on SEAWINGS da boat I am the Manager of Real Estate Development for a large manufacturing company.I do all the construction of new manufacturing facilities plus manage the business park we are located in.We bought all the land in the park several years ago(100 acres)Plus I am responsible for our Mexican manufacturing company.
I love to dive,sail and love high adventure.So that's me.

[This message has been edited by SEAWINGS (edited 09-19-2000).]

#26727 - 09/18/00 08:38 PM Re: Introducing... me.
Parrothead Offline
Wow! Congratulations Seawings!

[This message has been edited by Parrothead (edited 09-18-2000).]

#26728 - 09/18/00 09:14 PM Re: Introducing... me.
Sandshaker Offline
LOL @ Steve.....that would be ya'll....and say it like you mean it!....LOL

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (CayeMarie, Judyann H., Pokey), 39 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,221 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.