Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/11/usa.theairlineindustry

Seems the US may prohibit all flights from Europe to US airspace, whether or not they land in the USA, unless draconian and (in Europe) illegal requirements are met. They may also scrap visa-free travel from Britain.

Won't be long before the US is isolated from the rest of the world. It already has very poor relations with most of the non-Christian world, and it seems they now want to destroy relations with Europe. Or at any rate control how Europe conducts its internal affairs, which I doubt will be permitted to happen.

What's going on?

Sounds like an opportunity for a Belizean owned airline to shuttle europeans back and forth from europe smile

Forget-it Pedro,,, Ain't gonna happen,,, George is a lamb duck and just making more stupid noises. He just loves to stir the S#%@ while still in office. I predice that; not only will this farse not take place but smarter heads, comming on, will dump most of the money wasting expenses now being squandered on airport security and will be reallocated to more realistic efforts. There are a bunch. Would it be unrealistic to consider that some small radical group (just 3 or 4 nuts)might rent office space in a major facility simply for the purpose of filling the office with a ton, (say, over a 2 month period) of TNT and setting it off some night. But, then again, maybe I just worry too much about realistic potentials.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
U
U
Sounds like just more French whining and anti-American rheortic. Who cares what France (Belgium is just an extention) thinks?

As a French citizen, I care what France thinks actually.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Well I have my US visa - sat at the embassy for 6 hours in the blazing heat to get it. Sounds like they have a new process now - you apply on-line and then show up for an appointment.

I agree that this is not a good sign. This isn't meant to condone these actions (as a libertarian, they scare the shit out of me) but one need only read the thread on shariah law in Britain and see the need for at least the debate.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
A
A

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Except that that doesn't apply to people over-flying the EU. In any case that article is misleading - it isn't just external visitors who will be affected, but anyone crossing any EU border. That includes all Europeans as well. The EU is the ultimate bureaucratic nightmare, amongst other things.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.