Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#267373 - 02/11/08 10:39 PM So I live in this building on the beach,....
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
......it's an older wooden structure built with mahogany and tropical hardwoods from the jungle's of Belize' mainland. Sounds nice, but it's an old dilapidated pile of ruble, but, it's on the beach! (and I like it) It's like something out of an old western, with those long creaky hallways, but on the beach with this killer sea breeze blowing through cooling things off.

So I come home for an afternoon session with Bob Marley and a power nap to find this fatass raccoon in my room, looking for food, I guess (or my stash?). Instead of running out, he looks at me from head to toe, like, "What are you gonna' do?" Well, I chased his fat raccoon ass back out the window! Little trespasser!

SIN

#267376 - 02/11/08 10:43 PM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
SP Daily Offline
Careful! They sometimes stand and challenge you. Sharp claws and teeth...

#267377 - 02/11/08 10:55 PM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: SP Daily]
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
Must be one of those Tres Coco trespasser's again, or too much weed man crazy

#267386 - 02/11/08 11:37 PM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
I was thinking of using my Collins (machete) to make a cool hat.

#267387 - 02/11/08 11:39 PM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
divingcowgirl Offline
SIN Bowie....... LOL!

#267404 - 02/12/08 01:53 AM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: divingcowgirl]
sweetjane Offline
sin-iel boone???

actually happened to me once in my first apt in the 80's. we came home and two fattys and a baby were sitting on our kitchen table polishing off a bag of cat food. they were very cute, but also totally not afraid of us.

we chucked the remainder of cat food out the window, and they followed. i later found out they REALLY like vanilla sandwich cookies smile

#269989 - 03/03/08 06:43 AM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: sweetjane]
Kgryfon Offline
They come up to my sliding glass door and stare me down while I sit in the living room watching TV all the time. Bold as hell and not afraid one bit. I swear they would walk right in if I left the screen open.

I've had them walk across my patio not three feet way from me sitting in a deck chair and act like they own the place.

You are right, they don't back down if you challenge them. So I just ignore them now.

#270025 - 03/03/08 05:30 PM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: Kgryfon]
LaraTravelBelize Offline
i have a FAT racoon that strolls my property....only way i know he's a racoon is from his face...someone or something already got his tail.....tailless racoon. have to wonder if the other racoons make fun of him...poor dear.
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#270027 - 03/03/08 05:47 PM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
GAY AND DAVID Offline
we have a nice raccoon population here on galveston bay as well. they are very tame. i tried to trap & relocate them, but it turns out "you need to think like a coon."

#270056 - 03/03/08 08:32 PM Re: So I live in this building on the beach,.... [Re: GAY AND DAVID]
Rykat Offline
laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Pokey, Marty, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,050 Topics
462,278 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.