Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
T
Have been emailing both Tanisha (for Lamanai tour) and Searious (for Bacala Chico snorkel tour) for a week and have yet to get a response. Confirmed emails for both, too. Cannot call (my cell phone service for some reason won't allow) and short of buying aphone card, I am trying to post my issue on several travel forums. We are 2 couples going to stay in a fab house (18 degrees latitude) north of San Pedro from Feb 9-16. We will go on some little side trips with the caretake of the property, but looking into the 2 trips indicated above. Has anyone else had trouble reaching Tanisha or Searious? My research shows the 2 trips above are being recommended - using Tanisha and Searious. Thanks loads.

tina
JZB Offline
Don't worry about it. It is a ways off and if they don't answer your emails, you can book those trips when you arrive. Even if you reserved these tours for a certain day, they won't guarantee the tour unless they have a certain # of people.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Do you have a COMCAST e-mail account? It appears that IP addresses in Belize are being blocked by COMCAST (I have confirmed this with COMCAST) and reply e-mails from Belize are not getting through.

Businesses experiencing this problem can go to http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso to check if their IP address is being blocked.

Hi Tina

I sent you a PM. Have a great trip!

Penny

Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
S
S
Simon-
You have just opened my eyes to why my E-mails are returning,my cable company was recently aquired by COMCAST

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
i have comcast.net and i have emailed people there. SIN gets my emails as does cloisters. is this a newer problem...what gives?

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I only started experiencing the problem in December. The problem seems to be only if your IP address has been associated with a spambot virus. As BTL uses dynamic IP addressing you can end up with an IP address that someone else was using who may have had a spambot on their system. I've checked my system fully and have no issues with any kind of virus so that's the only explanation I can think of. You can request removal from the blacklist database and within a few minutes Spamhuas will try and infiltrate your system, if they can't you come off the blacklist.

It's also only sending TO COMCAST addresses. I had been receiving e-mails from clients asking why I hadn't confirmed their orders (when I had repeatedly.) That was when I did the research and found out the problem.

Simon, your explanation sounds plausible, as the Belize connection (I am not in BZ) was the only reason I could figure out as to why comcast users wouldn't receive my email, even though I could get theirs.

SJ - you may want to check to make sure others who have emailed you aren't waiting for a response (because you didn't get the message).

I had to use a different email address (on the same computer) to get through to comcast users, who requested through Comcast to allow me through. Email to them seems to work ok now.

Scuba - former Insight users in Spfld are not happy with the change either

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I know one ISP in Britain (AOL) that a couple of years ago had a block on ALL mail from Belize. After I complained it took maybe a week before it was resolved satisfactorily - but it was.

You have to understand that spam accounts for an enormous proportion of the load on major servers worldwide. Until they find some way of either preventing it being sent or intercepting it en route I can understand why they want to block IPs that they know produce a lot of it. I read somewhere that most spam (>85%) is produced by about 6 people, mostly in or associated with Russia.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My theory is half right. BTL does use dynamic IP but only within their own network. We all go through routers at BTL before going into the "real" world. That means that we all have the same IP address as far as the spam tracking companies are concerned. It also means that if one computer in Belize has a spambot it can trigger a blacklist for the router and therefore every computer on that router.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.