Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I have had the same problem with friends with Comcast. I contacted Comcast and they weren't particularly helpful. Apparently there are a whole host of problems with Comcast's aggressive anti spam programme. Hopefully their customers will make a big enough stink that things will improve. Just google 'comcast email blocking' and you'll find a whole bunch of links to various disgruntled websites.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Looks like Verizon is blocking e-mails from Belize as well.

This may the same or similar problem I have a client that goes to the SPAM folder every time. the Yahoo account I use sees her as Spam.
makes me wonder what triggers an Email as Spam, she's in the publishing business and not selling any of the pest products.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Typically, SPAM can be triggered if the email is unintended and you can change that from her by associating her email as an address you accept.

As for Comcast, we see issues from comcast addresses from time to time here also. I'm not sure what they do, or intend to do, but they seem to operate differently than many other ISPs and it might not be the BTL routers fault at all. I know our issues with Comcast turned out to be something only they could change.

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm replying to clients that I've dealt with frequently and all of a sudden they're not receiving reply e-mails, they've checked spam folders so that isn't the issue. Through SPAMHAUS, Comcast has blacklisted the BTL IP address any other providers using SPAMHAUS will also be blacklisting e-mails coming through BTL.

This only applies if you are using an e-mail program (Outlook, Eudora, etc.). If you send through an online account there is no issue.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Are you sure about that last point, Simon? A couple of years ago in England I couldn't receive any .btl emails even though I checked on the web.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Confirmed by myself and another BTL user to work (yahoo, hotmail, gmail.)

Thats even stranger that you (simon) are being blocked to reply emails. I was under the impression that BTL was not allowing some comcast addresses in, but this implies that BTL addresses are either not being routed out, they are being dropped by comcast or whomever.

Since emails from yahoo, gmail, etc go through, it implies something more like a comcast issue. We had problems with comcast earlier this year in that those users could not get to our website, while everyone else in the world could... turned out to be a router config somewhere within comcast intranet structure.

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
To clarify, I am in Belize, people can send me e-mails but when I reply they do not get to the original sender. BTL is not blocking incoming, internet providers are blocking BTL outgoing.

I went to Comcast and made an inquiry, they indicated that the e-mails were being blacklisted by SPAMHAUS. I contacted SPAMHAUS, input my IP (which is the same adress as the BTL router) and it showed as being blacklisted. I followed their instructions for removal from the blacklist and it came off but is now back on.

Hope that clears everything up.

Simon you are light years ahead of most of us in understanding how this all works - I kinda understand what you said - but mostly what I get from this is like the timeshare guys --- see a good plce to do business (AC beach, Internet) use it to death and screw it up for everybody including your-own-self.

I have Hughes and I find some days I can send and others I cannot - it's like the server has mood-swings. Any ideas on that ?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.