Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Looks like it's down again, can't reply to a client. Looks like I'm going to have to cough up for anonymizer software.

simon - i hadn't read this till now - but was gonna tell you i never received your reply.

you are welcome to use my email addy for test purposes. good luck.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I wish BTL would realize what kind of impact this is potentially having on business across the country. Nothing like e-mailing a property or business and getting no response. If it was me trying to book and I didn't get a response I'd go elsewhere.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just as an FYI to anyone who has a COMCAST account trying to reach businesses in Belize and who haven't heard back. Try setting up a Hotmail or Yahoo account for your enquiries or call/fax your enquiries.

I
I
Originally Posted by SimonB
I sent an e-mail to a comcast customer yesterday and they received it so it looks like it's working for now. If you go to http://www.speedtest.net/index.php it will show your IP as the rest of the world sees it (probably 200.32.196.56).

BTL uses static IP addresses, as does Coral, so that IP is probably allocated solely to you. I have one that never changes for me.

I've been having trouble using my VPN software lately, so I suspect that BTL are messing around again...

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." - Douglas Adams
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
"BTL uses static IP addresses, as does Coral, so that IP is probably allocated solely to you. I have one that never changes for me." Check a bit more carefully, BTL is set up like a small office network. BTL also uses DHCP. The IP you see on your computer is not the one the oustide world sees.

Are you on Coral Cable? Your IP shows as 200.32.229.200

I
I
Yes, i'm on coral.

You're one of the admins i guess, so you see the IP addresses of the posters, of course...

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." - Douglas Adams
The Yahoo/Hotmail idea still may not work for you Simon. I believe if you look at the routing on a hotmail message, it still indicates the source IPas yours so your problem would not go away.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
klc, yahoo and hotmail aren't blocking only comcast. If you're talking about sending through Hotmail or Yahoo from Belize to comcast, the problem is the same unless you use an anonymizer.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.