Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#267863 - 02/14/08 06:42 PM Starband experience with CSM2000
sunny smile Offline
Just wanted to report what happened to me with my Starband contract with CSM2000.

I used to manage a resort North of San Pedro and Julian asked me some years ago if I could give my credit card information to make payment much easier. He received my credit card information and from this moment it was easy to deal with Starband - the monthly amount has been deducted month by month. Before the business in the end has been sold and shot down I canceled our Starband contract. I have 2 confirmations from Julian telling me that the contract has been discontinued by May 31, 2007. I handed over the business and left the island - later left the country.

We're now in February 2008. Can you imagine that by now - 9 months later - my credit card has been charged month by month? And I could not make it happen to block those payments in the first place - International law for credit card payments make it impossible - so the only chance for me was to change my credit card, change number, get a new card, contact all business that deduct from my card and make them change the credit card information and I didn't want to do this.
Can you imagine that I sent hundreds of emails to Julian, tried to contact Starband, tried to receive a contract or customer number from Julian and nothing happened. Can you imagine that not one time I received any answer from Julian in the first place? Julian reacted after 2, 3 or 4 emails or when I made calls from Mexico to Belize to reach him on the phone.

It's pretty difficult to contact Starband. They publish a phone number 1-800-4STARBAND and with our fixed cell phone this number cannot be dialed. I just received statements: "You're not allowed to dial this number".
I then tried with my callback number and receive the statement "you have dialed an invalid phone number".
Last month I have been in the States and wanted from there contact Starband. I asked Julian several times to give me the customer or contract number and a phone number where I can reach them - Julian tried to avoid to give me this information and promised me that everything is fixed now. I left the States without any contact with them and now discovered that nothing has changed.

I finally looked at this published number and got aware that (including the 800) there's more than 10 digits and I know US numbers have 10 digits. So today I dialed the first 10 digits and finally got connected with Starband.

I had a phone call of more than 15 minutes from Mexico and finally got my contract number and could cancel the contract. Now guess: This contract has never been canceled - can you imagine this? Julian did never cancel this contract!
So you better be careful before you give any credit card information to CSM2000.

#267874 - 02/14/08 08:25 PM Re: Starband experience with CSM2000 [Re: sunny smile]
captjeff Offline
If you have the e mails from the merchant I think you can dispute the charge with the credit card company .Can not think why Csm2000 would want to cheat you as it is such a small place.If this a fact and I belive you < he should make good your charges .And apolgise to you!!! what does he say now????

Edited by captjeff (02/14/08 08:26 PM)

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (JaHo, Judyann H., 1 invisible), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.