Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
C
SIN
I have Belizean friends fly in and out of the US regularly...with little or no hassle........It might be that CANADIAN thing or maybe....are you a registered democrat?

Last edited by clover; 02/20/08 08:23 PM.
So funny to see an article by Eric Lucas posted here. I used to know Eric and even have a minor credit in one of his guidebooks.

After nearly five decades of travelling in and out of the USA with non-citizen friends, family, spouse and children, I couldn't agree with the article more. I swear to god the USA must be the most freakin' racist, xenophobic country this side of Burma -er- Myanmar...makes me want to leave the country -- oh, waitaminnit, already did!

Christ on a crutch. I tell you... >aerobic eye rolling goes here<

Thanks SIN.

'Lena

Miami is just a horrible place to fly in or out of for non US residents. Houston is much better and nicer to people. Just my opinion.

My Mom lives in Russia, and we would love to have her come over (we are in Alaska) for a visit this summer. Not sure if she's gonna get a visa, though. But we'll still try...

You only live once, but if you live right once is enough.
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I've just thought. When I was enduring my 6+ hours trying to transit Miami on my way to London I cracked what I thought was a joke when I finally got to see an immigration officer. I assumed he was almost as put out by the monstrous numbers backed up as I was. So I said, with a glance back to the body of the hall, "a bit of a joke, isn't it".

"What do you mean, it's a joke? Are you criticizing my country? The United States of America is the greatest country on earth, and you should feel privileged coming here to visit".

I muttered something about not wanting to visit, but just getting out of the country again as soon as possible.

Mistake. He didn't say a word, but gestured to another official standing nearby. Next thing I was in the famous "room" where I was incarcerated for several more hours. At some point I got out my Palm Pilot to read a book I had on it. As soon as one of the guards saw this he called out to me "put it away". I wasn't sure he was addressing me, though I suspected he was, so I continued reading. He came over, thrust his face into mine, and said "I said put it away". I asked him why, and offered to demonstrate to him that it wasn't a phone. "Put it away NOW or you'll lose it". I put it away. Never once a smile, a "sir", or a "please". Just an "I'm an immigration officer of the great United States of America and you are an insignificant worm who will do exactly what I tell you" sort of look.

And they wonder why people don't like them!

I have a co-worker that learned I was a notary. He is from Iran and has a work visa. He needed a Affidavit of Support notarized that stated his income so that he could send for his parents to come for a visit. He's been working on the paper work for nearly a month. Once completed, he is to send to his parents so that they can request visitor's visa. I don't suspect he will be seeing his parents any time soon frown

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
T
T
I am proud to be a Canadian! These are fine examples!

I've never had any of these problems entering the USA. But I do personally know people from other countries that have had a horrible time such as this entering the USA.

I guess thats what we have to go through to feel safe in my country...

I grew up in Michigan and always thought Canadians were just Michiganders with funny accents and bad money. But as I grew up I learned the truth that Canadians were cool cause they could drink when they turned 19. Now that their money is better than ours, they're just beer swiggin bad asses...

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.