Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#268692 02/21/08 12:44 PM
B
bunk Offline OP
OP Offline
B
What would be a good place not to miss for a birthday dinner? Portofino's? I am looking for good food and atmosphere. It will be in April for my brother's 42nd birthday and it will be 5 of us. Thanks in advance for your help!

Capricorn is fantastic. We celebrated Valentine's Day with a superb meal plus the setting is so nice.

B
bunk Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Renee, what kind of food is it? Is it pricey?

Oooo. I am trying portofino for the first time this trip. Rojo is also very very good. Very good atmosphere and excellent chef.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Love thes suggestions for Bunk. We are heading there on Mar 1 and wanted a place to celebrate our 15th anniversay. So I evesdropped on the recommendations.

Bunk? Not the Bunk that lives in Fort Collins is it?

Kindness is not weakness.
Did a birthday dinner at Capricorn on Saturday last. Its the only place on the island to get American beef - Belizean beef just ain't the same... Menu is primarily seafood, you are on an island in the ocean after all. A little pricey but worth it. Luna at Journey's End is nice too, less expensive, but no cow.

Give more, take less
B
bunk Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I love these suggestions too! Thanks everyone. I am from Denver but my husband is a CSU alum! Bunk is an old family nickname.

Bunk,
The menu is mostly seafood but their filet if fabulous. A little pricey but well worth it. The service is wonderful and Kit makes you feel at home. We had the most delicious coconut triple layer cream pie for dessert! We actually went the day before and had dessert because we are always too full after dinner. Too bad it won't be lobster season but their stuffed grouper is their signature dish and it is awesome!

Enjoy! We just came back from spending 15 days! Awesome!

speaking of lobster season or lack there of... is it true that the restaurants will not serve lobster in March? What about on Caulker?

Kindness is not weakness.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.