Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#268954 - 02/23/08 09:17 PM White Sands Cove
Cueball Offline
I have read all the reviews from travelers on this and other sites, but I wanted a person who lives on the island to give me their impression of White Sands Cove.
Is the beach crushed coral or real sand? Any "behind the scenes" info from someone unconnected with the resort?
Any help in making this decision will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

#268964 - 02/24/08 12:09 AM Re: White Sands Cove [Re: Cueball]
SP Daily Offline
Real sand, nice place

#268967 - 02/24/08 01:27 AM Re: White Sands Cove [Re: SP Daily]
SimonB Offline
I stopped by yesterday and the place looks great, lots of upgrades. Nice bar by the pool, all new paint scheme, very impressed.

#268974 - 02/24/08 02:07 AM Re: White Sands Cove [Re: SimonB]
Cueball Offline
Thanks guys. It's nice to hear from people on the island. Anyone else have a take on this place?

#268985 - 02/24/08 04:06 AM Re: White Sands Cove [Re: Cueball]
clone3309 Offline
I got back form AC on Feb. 2. I was staying at a place called the Cocotal Inn and Cabanas, right beside the White Sands. The Cocotal is a lovely small new place. While staying there we booked all of our tours through the White Sands, including Lamanai, snorkeling, and fishing. The island ferry also uses the White Sands pier as one of thier stops. The White Sands is also only 2 miles from town, only a 15 minute bike ride. The people at White Sands were excellent. They treated us as if we were one of their guests. We ended up meeting quite a few people that were staying at the White Sands and everyone loved the place. The White Sands and the Cocotal both have lovely sandy beaches. Some of the best I saw on AC(rememeber that there is alot of seagrass beyond the beach) The reef is not far away so we ended up renting a kayak from the White Sands($10/day) and rowed out to the reef to snorkel and fish. They also have a dive shop if you are into scuba. Hope this helps.

#268988 - 02/24/08 04:57 AM Re: White Sands Cove [Re: clone3309]
Cueball Offline
yes it does help. Thank you so much for taking the time to share that info!

#269045 - 02/24/08 07:23 PM Re: White Sands Cove [Re: Cueball]
CaseWork Offline
I'm very new to this forum and this is my first post. Hope it works! I don't live on the island yet, but my husband and I purchased there last fall and hope to soon. My first trip to AC was 2003 and I stayed at White Sands Cove. It was wonderful: just far enough away from town to have privacy, yet close enough to offer great exercise getting there. When there a few months ago, I noticed many upgrades happening at White Sands and with the new ownership and management, I think you would enjoy it as much as I did.

#269051 - 02/24/08 08:02 PM Re: White Sands Cove [Re: CaseWork]
Gridguy Offline
White sands continues to just get better. We have stayed there 3 times and it always a great memory. The staff (which includes the owners!) is first class.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.