Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Cheaper to fly from Municipal Airport to San Pedro than it is from BZE. Enough so, that we are thinking about cabbing it from BZE to Municipal Airport. Anyone have experience w/this?

Is it true that the flights from BZE to SP originate from Municipal and if so, we'll be stopping off at BZE anyways?

How 'bout cabbie fare from BZE to Municipal. Any thoughts on this?

$25 US cab. Flights from Municipal do not stop in BZE or vice versa. You go to SP direct from either (and some stop in Caye Caulker, luck of the draw)

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Actually some flights do route via BZE. The last time I flew from Municipal to SP was one such case. But that has no effect on what you pay.

see:
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/258800

Live and let live
K
K
And if you get real lucky, your flight from BZE will stop at Muni AND CC before going to SP.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the info, everyone.

not worth it
you don't really save after the cab fare and hassel

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Actually, my worst was a couple of years ago when I got on a Tropic flight at the Municipal for San Pedro. We made three stops - International, Caye Chapel, Caye Caulker. The flight took almost 50 minutes!

Mind you, it was the best view of Caye Chapel I've ever had. Shame I didn't have a camera with me.

Elbert's right - get the extra cost into perspective. The hassle of driving to the Municipal just isn't worth it.

C
C
Between the cab ride and having to schlepp your bags around it is SO much easier to fly Tropic out of BZE. The few bucks you save costs a lot of time. It is so easy (and quick) at BZE

Live Laugh Love
There are kids discounts if you fly from municipal. $45 round trip from municipal vs $109 from BZE. If you make the trip with kids, it is a better deal. And, the taxi driver is usually an informative story teller, which makes the drive very interesting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.