Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
hello,
We'll be in San Pedro the first week of April and would love some tips on what to see around the islands. I've been reading the forums for a while so I have some ideas...but I love hearing from others who know. I am staying in San Ignacio for a week before coming to San Pedro and plan on doing the mainland tours there, unless there is something really great I should do from the island. What I'm interested in learning is who to book tours through, and what I should go see while in San Pedro.
We're staying for a week at the Hotel Del Rio in N. San Pedro. We hear the hotel will set up tours but we're more interested in hearing who you've had the most fun with. Don't have too much money but enough to pick a couple of great tours - I'm trying to keep my budget around $300 for the whole week. My only caveat is that I have to go out to some outer cayes (I don't know which ones yet!) but I want to see some smaller islands. Also, we love to kayak so that would be fun.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone!
Rachel

You've got a great plan Rachel. Plenty to do in San Ignacio and it will certainly be cheaper from there. Cave tubing, zip lining, Lamanai and Xunantunich are all great.

A trip to Caye Caulker from San Pedro is inexpensive and very very fun. The ferry leaves from downtown and the scheudle and prices are here in this site.

Hol Chan and Shark Ray are great trips as are the jetski tours of the island if you like that.

Have fun!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
K
K
Don't misunderstand, I'm not being harsh. But, that's alot to do on that budget.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
and don't forget the April fools day crawl if your going to be there on the first please join in on the fun!!

krehfish, I agree and also with Otter. On that budget, a visit to Caye Caulker would be nice and cheap. Seperately, snorkeling to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. Expect to pay between $40 - $50 per person for the snorkeling, rentals, park fee and tip. Get in touch with Clifford and Eric. They're top notch!

Otherwise, on $300 for the whole week, lots of cheap eats and walking or bike riding around will be good.

kreh -- you are so harsh wink

Lunch in Central Park -- cheap cheap cheap.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
K
K
Well, 4-5 years ago I was down alone for an extra week after my fishing partners left. You can certainly eat well on $15/day, but a Beliken here , a beliken there, here a beliken there a beliken...you get the picture. If she means $300/pp for the week, it'll be OK.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I also think she'll be struggling.

OP Offline
Thanks everyone! I should probably clear up the money issue. We have $300 budgeted just for tours/recreation for the second week of our trip. Week one in San Ignacio has $550 budgeted so we may have some extra (Aside from a Tikal trip, we won't be spending too much more there).
Our food budget is separate from the tours allowance (We have over $600 budgeted for food - and Beliken- just for week 2! I am guessing we may be eating pretty well). I'm hoping these numbers sound a little more realistic.
That said, I'm definitely going to look up Clifford and Erik. I appreciate the names - that's just what I was looking for. I don't want to waste money on a tour without a great guide - I know that the guides can make the trip great!

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
That's US$300 each? In that case you can certainly do it, reasonably comfortably. Or is the $300 for the group? How many is "we"?

There are several above-par tour guides here. As a company Tanisha seems to get consistently superb reviews.

I've never heard of Clifford & Erik.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.