Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269801 03/01/08 06:55 AM
OP Offline
This is the second time I have tried to locate one of these for a guest. They want to do the overnight dive trip and dive at Turneffe and/or BH. About five years ago I tried and tried to contact "Offshore Express" about this trip and never got an answer/return email. I have a couple who want to do this mid March. Any suggestions?

Change your Latitude
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I have one of these coming up next month, for a group of 14. It's a private trip so no-one else can join. I regularly get asked about these trips and my answer almost invariably is that we can't do it.

To absorb the cost of fuel and charge what people will pay needs a minimum of 8, probably 10 people, and we never have anything even approaching these numbers at any one time. The customer base here is just too small, and currently contracting.

#269851 03/01/08 04:57 PM
P
P
Contact Rick Bevan, Katkando, Catamaran. I have his cell if you need it email me.

S
S
Pedro2,
Maybe this is something that you can advertise each year. Set a date and those interested in chartering through you to do an overnight dive could plan their dates around it. We would be very interested in doing a trip like this and you may find many others that are interested that don't necessarily make a group of 10-14 on their own.

There is a small resort on Long Caye at Lighthouse Reef - www.calypsobeachresort.com
That has been operating for a number of years. They have scheduled transportation from Belize City to Long Caye
There is also a new dive operation out there - www.divebluehole.com or www.lighthousereef.net
I have stayed at Calypso many times over the years. I have met Mark Ort who is spearheading the new dive operation. I hope more people make use of these operations. The diving off of the west wall of Long Caye is phenomenal and most people only do one dive site - The Aquarium. Too bad - you are missing about 40 other great dives.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
too bad lighthouse reef resort is closed. would be perfect

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Sandra - I'm not ignoring you. Just considering how this might be done.

Harriette - do you know anything about the Long Caye dive operation?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.