Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#270116 - 03/03/08 11:05 PM Divingcowgirl takes the leap
divingcowgirl Offline
Back at home and missing SP already. My 5th trip down and so far this has been the best trip yet! I'm just touching on some of the highlights of the trip, as most of the trip has pretty much been posted. I'm just echoing the fun and good times the rest of the gang shared, between "Reaper's Dinner" and the "Town Crawl" we all shared good food and good memories.

As far as a food report, the two new places that I tried out was Casa Picasso and Sweet Basil.
1) Casa Picasso...2 Thumbs way up!!! Loved the food, the atmosphere and the "new" drink they made me.. wished I would have found it on my previous "runs", but better late than never!
(Hi Chris! By the way, how DID you make that drink?)

2)Sweet Basil (and NO, I'm NOT kin in any way to them) The food was great and plentiful! The Greek salad had MORE than enough for one person. Great flavor as well as the coconut shrimp!

I wish I would have had time to make more rounds on different eateries, but just gives me one more excuse to keep going back.

NOW..... for my jump report....

Saturday dawns and I'm still not believing what I'm getting ready to embark upon.....
I temporarily skip breakfast as not to barf on my tandem partner. But, as the morning wears on, I think it would be in my best interest (and his) that I at least put something in my stomach... Tacogirl and I go to Ruby's and grab the last of the Johnny Cakes.... (we FINALLY get to share the Johnny Cake breakfast that we talked about for a year) We head over to Chloe's and fill her in on the jump time. I then make my way to the Sunbreeze (shaking legs and all) and fill out paperwork..
Geeze guys, I know I don't have anything to fight over, but really now... my last will and testament????? (just kidding folks)
I meet up w/ Lyle and he starts "harnessing" me up.... (hey, what's REALLY up with the trapeeze bar???) He's giving me instructions on the exit of the plane (DUH, walk out open door) and the various arm positions (besides over my eyes, or grabbing a hold of the pilot or door frame) in order to maximize my skydiving "experience"! Oh, o.k..... I'll listen (for once in my life!)
As we are corkscrewing up the sky, gaining altitude at every twist, I keep looking out the door, thinking "this looks like a good height".....and.........."who's passing out the drinks"...
I look over at Dita, and wonder if she's thinking the same thing I am??? DIBS ON THE CO-PILOT SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO HELL WITH THIS!!!! But, we just give each other the "thumbs-up sign", smile wide, eyes bugged out... and wait for the green light..
GREEN LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to blow this perfectly good airplane!! (oh and any skydiver will tell you, "there is no perfectly good airplane") O.k. what ever gets you to jump is fine with me.....
Duckwalk to the door and last breath of sane air before jumping into my second of what I call the "OH SH**&%T moment.....
when my feet leave what I have perceived to be terra firma... I do have this quick second of OHHHHH SHHHHHHHHTTTTTT...., but then,we face down, Lyle pops the "drag rag" or what ever they call it and we are in free fall for what seems like a few seconds, but is a little longer than that.... Reaper joins us and gives me a spin...(not around the block....but much more exhilirating)
Soon the free-fall is over and Lyle pops the canopy... while we are floating to earth, lazily doing turns.... I sit, in this harness, thousands of feet in the air and watch in awe, the breath-taking beauty of the reef, the island and this wonderful day. Nothing will ever surpass the view of the reef, suspended high above it all...it's mesmerizing colors of blue, turquoise and green. Words escaped me and all I could say is... this is awesome, this is awesome, this is fantastic..... (sorry Lyle if I kept repeating myself, but it was truly an awesome sight to behold)
We head toward the DZ (Drop Zone.... dang, can't they name it something else???) and while I'm doing my signature WHHOHOOOO, Lyle gently touches down for a soft 2 point, then 4 point landing..
As I said on the video.... Well Done!!!!!!!

Reaper, I don't think I could ever re-pay you for the experience of that "once-in-a-lifetime" skydive... It was truly, beyond my wildest expectations.....
Thanks my friend, for a dream come true.

Edited by divingcowgirl (03/04/08 12:01 AM)
Take the road less traveled

#270135 - 03/04/08 06:29 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: divingcowgirl]
Bill Mc Ghee Offline
Nice Report Tex!

Made me feel like I was right there with you..

I'm sure you will do a repeat performance next year.

Try to enjoy it next time!! smile

You will now be known as the Diving/Diving Cowgirl.
Never Use money to measure wealth

#270147 - 03/04/08 08:52 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: Bill Mc Ghee]
tacogirl Offline
Great report DCG now we can add jumpingcowgirl to your list of names.
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

#270159 - 03/04/08 09:40 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: divingcowgirl]
KC Jayhawk Offline
Like jumping into a gigantic blue cocktail . . . .right, kiddo??? shocked grin
When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

#270166 - 03/04/08 10:01 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: KC Jayhawk]
Otteralum Offline
whooohooooooo! You are far more eloquent than I am spurs -- the decription was fabulous! Thanks.
I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

#270167 - 03/04/08 10:09 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: Otteralum]
boatgirl729 Offline
Wow DCG, I got dizzy just reading it!! Sounds like an "awesome" experience, thanks for sharing!!

#270171 - 03/04/08 10:35 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: boatgirl729]
carbunkletrumpet Offline
Well done!
But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!

#270180 - 03/04/08 11:09 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: carbunkletrumpet]
Chloe Offline
SPURS...I was concerned like a Mom, for Spurs and Dita jumping.

But trusting Reaper, to keep you gals awesome and safe.

Sure could read your SPURS t shirt clearly. smile

Hearing your WOOOHOOOOOO from up in the sky was exciting.

Dare To Deviate

#270181 - 03/04/08 11:21 AM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: Chloe]
Nova Offline
Way to go girlie - I'm proud of ya! You've got more you-know-whats then most people I know! laugh
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

#270190 - 03/04/08 12:04 PM Re: Divingcowgirl takes the leap [Re: Nova]
travelqueen Offline
Awesome report, gial! Glad you had such a great time - wouldn't expect anything less.

Yeah, Spurs!!! xo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, Pokey, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,703 Topics
461,217 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.